Need some advice on routes

thumperbob2002

Reaction score
Hi All world weary travellers-

Travelling with some friends in France, Germany Switz etc and would like some advice

tuck on a couple of days routes- First Day Bourg St Maurice to Freiburg, then next day Freiburg to Heidelberg-

Any ideas of routes??? Was thinking about into Switz for first day- do a few passes then the B500 the next day- anyone got any good routes??

Much appreciated

Bob

Bob,

Have you and your friends looked at any of the multiple threads on this site, always asking the same or simliar questions? Have any of you looked at a map at all. Come on, you have somehow got yourself to Bourg St M and worked out you’ll finish two days later in Heidelberg; you can manage the rest, surely? You’ve chosen the iconic B500, now chose some more roads to join it to everywhere and everything else? Can’t or won’t? No sweat, get Kurviger to do it for you. Epic!

No good? OK, for starters, please tell us.

When this epic man love tour departs and for how long you anticipate it lasting or is it just the two days of jaunt you are looking to fill in?

PS You have spammed your request across two sections. So I’ll move this into your first request, that’ll make things easier for you.

Thanks, very helpful. All I asked was if someone on here, someone helpful could help with my request. It’s a week long tour and I’m a little unsure of this one day really. I haven’t spammed either. Thought that this site would give me some ideas. I know what a map looks like, just never done this particular route. Much appreciated.

Which one day are you unsure about:

A. The day, Bourg St Maurice to Freiburg

Or

B. The day, Freiburg to Heidelberg

I guess it has to be A, as you could near enough walk B

If so, this might do you:

98d4c8bda8dd1e4f2376c2f6eb998dbf.jpg

At 380 miles, it’s a decent schlep in a day.

Nice route wapping,
I have done a similar ride from annecy up to the vosges,
Good job working out the riddle,,,,,,

Much appreciated- I was in two minds whether to go into Switz and do a pass or two, as done a similar route through the Mont Blanc tunnel and near besancon last year, thought the roads were a bit "meh" as the kids say. Have you done this particular route and how are the roads?

For Frieburg to Heidelberg was thinking about going to Titisee and up through the B500 but heard it is 70kmh limits now and big police presence so might think of somewhere else- any ideas??

Many thanks!!

Re Missing out the B500

Q. The distance between Freiburg and Heidelberg is how far? A. Not far

Go down up it on a weekday and ignore the speed limit signs, would be my advice.

Failing that, download the ADAC map (see sticky) and carve yourself out a route or go to the other sticky where some kind fellow carved out a load of GPS routes and then start stitching some together.

Back
Top Bottom