Are BMW having a laugh?

bmwblue

Reaction score
I complained to BMW about my fuel strip failing yet again - this time after just 4 months. This is the reply I received:

"I can confirm that we don’t have design, or manufacturing cocnerns about the fuel strip on any model of BMW bike.”

I’m speechless.

I complained to BMW about my fuel strip failing yet again - this time after just 4 months. This is the reply I received:

"I can confirm that we don’t have design, or manufacturing cocnerns about the fuel strip on any model of BMW bike.”

I’m speechless.
Shorthand for f*ck off.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Of course they are not concerned, because people are still buying their beta bikes.

Vote with your feet folks (I have, I will NEVER buy another new BMW), its the only way they will listen.......

Of course they are not concerned, because people are still buying their beta bikes.

Vote with your feet folks (I have, I will NEVER buy another new BMW), its the only way they will listen.......

You think?

Apparently American BMW riders threatened BMW with a class action in court and promptly got a 12 year warranty

Apparently American BMW riders threatened BMW with a class action in court and promptly got a 12 year warranty
If only we could be so lucky.

Problem, what problem.

Ah yes but you see they're American spec, totally different from your uk one.

Don't let the door slam on the way out....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

They wont change the design on an early series item, that has been supersceded

its like asking Sony to replace all the valves in an early tv with transistors

If it was overengineered, youd see cost downs and it would still be availabe

The fact that it has been changed speaks volumes

Did you contribute to this 4 month old failed strip financially in any way, shape or form??

If so, I do believe you are entitled to a replacement as the parts have a 12 month warranty on them.

Did you contribute to this 4 month old failed strip financially in any way, shape or form??

If so, I do believe you are entitled to a replacement as the parts have a 12 month warranty on them.

The dealer has said it will be replaced for free at the next service because I live so far away. I’m fed up of not having a fuel gauge for most of the year.

My dealer told me he has had customers have the strip fail as they were riding home after having it replaced. They admitted it was a nice little earner for them whether the customer pays or BMW pays.

I’ve had one strip fail, and the replacement played up for a few minutes about a year ago but touch wood it reset itself and is fine since. I don’t trust it so reset the trip at each refuelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set your trip for 180 miles (280 on a GSA) and fill up when you get there!

2 year warranty on mine which ran out last July, in that time it was replaced 3 times, I have had seven in total in the ten years I've owned my gsa, if it fails again I guess I'll have to pay again next time but at least it will have a 2 year warranty again.

OK mine was buggered because they insisted (my local dealer) that the fuel pump had to be replaced on recall. I went back after my tank was showing empty after 120 miles (actually still half full)

It took months of re calibration and new strips before i stated they screwed up, i insisted they speak to BMW for a fix, a new (upgraded) strip was fitted and a new re calibration under BMW instruction.
Its been probably 2 - 3 years now and all working beautifully, am i tempting fate :eek:

The strips almost always fail when the fine sending track goes open circuit. It’s likely to be caused by the plastic strip expanding as the heater track warms and cools the strip. The thicker heater track is ok but the fine sensor cracks.
Considering the signal is measured to 2 decimal places it seems odd they didn’t just sense the current pulled by the heater and be done with it.

Back
Top Bottom