Averaging cameras on West coast

harry

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm talking about the ones from Stranraer/Cairnryan north towards Turnhouse etc.

Do they figure in local speeding cases? Thanks for any info. ;)

I have no experience of them, but they are there! You have to assume they are working. The only variable is which way they face ie front or back no plate. Most of the ones on the A9 only get the front no plate, but I don't know about these ones in the west.

I'm not really sure what you want to know? Do you mean Prestwick? Turnhouse is EDI?

I have no experience of them, but they are there! You have to assume they are working. The only variable is which way they face ie front or back no plate. Most of the ones on the A9 only get the front no plate, but I don't know about these ones in the west.

I'm not really sure what you want to know? Do you mean Prestwick? Turnhouse is EDI?

turnberry

Unless I’m mistaken, the cameras were changed on that coastal section to digital. At least that’s what I thought on my way up and down last year.

Yup they follow you from Lendalfoot to near enough the Kilmarnock turn off. At one point it was the longest speed trap in the world.

Cameras are rear facing up to Prestwick then a mix of both for the remaining 10 miles.

Back
Top Bottom