FANTASTIC!!

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What a brilliant, sweet little bike the Xcountryis. 322 miles round trip through the Shropshire lanes to the Welsh mountains around Ffestiniog way. The back roads are exactly what this bike is made for. Just awesome. I parked out of the way and used my camo bike cover to remove the yellow, 'blot on the landscape' and make the bike less conspicuous to the casual observer. Whether I was being over cautious or no I don't know, but as I was a 40 minute hike over the hill away and there was the remains of a burnt out car still visible, I did wonder if it might be a target.
Anyway, I spent the day fishing and then headed over to the llyn to stay with friends for th enight, before returning for a second day trying for a little, wild trout. Then headed home at 19.00 before I lost the light. 160 miles return trip from the lake to home and the fuel light didn't come on until 134 miles was on the trip. That is loaded up and through the hill roads, so a fair bit of low gear work amongst those miles, and today I discovered why she was a bit squirmy on the bends, there was only 10lbs in the front and less than 20lbs in the rear! Even so, those 160.6 miles used 8.67 litres, which is over 80mpg. I am happy with that. :thumby:

Next trip is down to Londinium for the hipster show at Tobacco dock (Bike Shed Show). I have no idea what to expect, where to park or anything like that. I need to find a bed for the night too, probably somewhere between London and Dorset, as I have 2 bikes to photograph on the Sunday down there. YHA hunting for my accommodation is the next task! I am still buzzing. :beerjug:

I have got some pictures I will try and put up - they are on the Facebook page.

Back
Top Bottom