Side stand

Rockred

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone changed the bush on the side stand yet, if so was it a straight forward job ?

I always mount and dismount cowboy style since I damaged my ankle, as I find it so much easier. The bike refuses to start sometimes when I flick the side stand up, usually when I first try to go, I flick the side stand up and down a few times and then it starts, but later in the ride starts ok first push of the starter.

I'm wondering if by mounting the way I do, it is wearing the bush on the stand and affecting the cut out switch somehow. I have cleaned the contacts on the switch, but its still acting up on first start up.

Any thoughts good or bad please ? :beerjug:

Yep done mine, tin bush with teflon coating the stand starts to stick when it wears off...easy to do top screw removes the switch, bolt underneath removes the stand.. put the springs on and use the stand as a lever and replace the bolt :augie

Yes checked all the wires and cleaned all the contacts with contact cleaning fluid, mentioned it to the dealer a few months ago, and he said its probably a worn bush. I thought that unlikely at first, as the bike only has 25,000 kilometres on it, but now I have to consider it a possibility.

Thanks for all your replies chaps...:beerjug:

Good link to the eBay seller....:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom