Screen vibration solution - is there one?

CV35Ian

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I Have Hi screen on my 2006 1200GS, vibration noise from this particularly at low speeds has been annoying me since I changed screen in 2012 - no idea why i've lived with it so long!!

As there a screen brace or any solution for this as standard screen is uncomfortable for me, I have renewed the little adjusting mounts but that had absolutely no effect whatever. Or is there a recommended non vibrating screen for this model?

TIP of the week................dont put stickers on the screen when its on side stand!!

Ian

I Have Hi screen on my 2006 1200GS, vibration noise from this particularly at low speeds has been annoying me since I changed screen in 2012 - no idea why i've lived with it so long!!

As there a screen brace or any solution for this as standard screen is uncomfortable for me, I have renewed the little adjusting mounts but that had absolutely no effect whatever. Or is there a recommended non vibrating screen for this model?

TIP of the week................dont put stickers on the screen when its on side stand!!

Ian

Could be the lopsided stickers making the screen vibrate, put them straight ;) not sure about your year bike, but on the LC models the screens have little rubber grommets where you put the screws, if your screen has that also, check you have not forgotten them.

Yes those RSPB stickers are damn heavy!!

2006 Model, I have renewed all the screws, mounts and rubber bits, but thanks.

Ian

The Givi 330 has steel supports that (1) rust and (2) are not firm enough.

Stiffer support brackets with a tube across the bracket tops solved the wobble problem.

Back
Top Bottom