Thread: Telepeage badge topEurop

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France

Telepeage badge topEurop

Just a quick heads up for the euro travelers

Noticed a new telepeage badge is available which works in several European countries

Don’t know if it’s available in the UK yet you’ll have to google it yourself but here’s the basics on one of the French sites

http://www.aprr.fr/fr/telepeageliber...offre-topeurop

Really good system and works well, just a little tip, although you can use this with your bike or car, if you go to Italy or Portugal, you have to go into your client area, and put the license number of the bike or car that you will be using for that trip, for France Spain no change needed, and do not leave it visible in the car, if you leave it in a parking area, common sense.

And if you are on a bike, make sure you use the correct gates, otherwise you will get charged as a car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chasbmw View Post
    And if you are on a bike, make sure you use the correct gates, otherwise you will get charged as a car

Do you know that’s true or have you heard it?

There is very little evidence on these pages of bods being over charged. Where bods have been charged wrongly, all reports are that the mistake has been rectified and a refund given very easily.

What you maybe mean is: Do not use lanes where motorcycles are EXLUDED. That bikermates shouldn’t use these lanes - irrespective of the possibility of being overcharged - is obvious.

Madam Trixies House of ill repute somewhere on the outskirts of Doncaster
    I`d seen this recently elsewhere, it seems many of the regional French toll companies are offering a similar service, but as I have an APRR France only tag already, I emailed them to see if it was possible for them to upgrade my account and use the same tag I currently have across the newer area. Their response was that I must either apply for a new (supplimentary) topEurop tag account to run alongside my current tag account, or return my current tag and exchange it for the newer topEurop tag/account. Atm I`m looking into the details of exchanging it, but I also need to look at the difference in cost/fees of using the 2 accounts, as by the time I`ve factored the shipping costs, fees etc, it maybe not worthwhile exchanging
    This is their recent email
    Bonjour Monsieur O`Bollox,

Vous ne pouvez malheureusement pas voyager en Espagne, au Portugal et en Italie avec votre badge actuel. Vous pouvez donc soit garder votre badge actuel et en obtenir un supplémentaire (offre topEurop), soit échanger votre badge actuel contre un badge topEurop. Quelle solution vous paraît la plus adaptée à vos besoins ?

Google Translation
    Hello Mr O`Bollox
    Unfortunately you can not travel to Spain, Portugal and Italy with your current badge. So you can either keep your current badge and get an extra one (TopEurop offer), or swap your current badge against a TopEurop badge. Which solution seems most appropriate to your needs?
    Maintaining 2 accounts seems senseless to me so I`ve emailed them asking if there`s any extra cost involved, and where do I send my old badge to, If I decide to exchange

If sending one back they will give you an envelope to ship the old one back to them, I seen it on their website, I think

https://espaceclient.aprr.fr/faq/Pag...?question=1778

Well I`ve ordered the new badge/TAG (the FEPI version) and I`m expecting that a pre-pay envelope for the return of the old one will be included in the parcel.

Quote Originally Posted by Peirre O`Bollox View Post
    Well I`ve ordered the new badge/TAG (the FEPI version) and I`m expecting that a pre-pay envelope for the return of the old one will be included in the parcel.
    Hopefully but I possibly read it to quickly, looks like you may have to post it yourself..........

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Do you know that’s true or have you heard it?

There is very little evidence on these pages of bods being over charged. Where bods have been charged wrongly, all reports are that the mistake has been rectified and a refund given very easily.

What you maybe mean is: Do not use lanes where motorcycles are EXLUDED. That bikermates shouldn’t use these lanes - irrespective of the possibility of being overcharged - is obvious.
    Even when you use the correct gate, you can get charged as a car, I use a tolling service with a UK office, and the refunds are easy to do.
    I once came through a toll tunnel south of Paris, which was restricted to cars, no bikes allowed so didn’t get the very expensive toll refunded on that one.

I use a tolling service with a UK office
    Which one do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by oddshapedballs View Post
    Which one do you use?
    Saneftolling.co.uk

Yeah, but my mate's mate, his nan's nephew reckons that if you blink at the wrong moment you get charged as a fucking flying saucer.
    True, that.

Saneftolling.co.uk

Looked at that. Set-up costs are higher and you need separate transponders for France & Iberia. Might work out cheaper if you go to Spain for more than half the year as the monthly fees are capped.

For me, the APPR system works out cheaper and more convenient as I will use it a max of 3 months a year - this year just 2 as one trip is to Germany.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Update: My new APRR top europ TAG arrived today, its around 3 times thicker than the old TAG (about as thick as a mars bar) and uses a different mounting bracket to the old TAG and isn`t interchangeable, so if you intend to upgrade TAG`s consider ordering extra brackets for each vehicle. The TAG has seperate barcodes for each of the countries when you hand it over to be scanned by the toll booth operator. The welcome pack included an envelope for return postage

Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    Update: The TAG has seperate barcodes for each of the countries when you hand it over to be scanned by the toll booth operator. The welcome pack included an envelope for return postage
    The whole idea is that it’s detected automatically by the toll booths so you shouldn’t need to get it scanned by anyone!

Update: My new APRR top europ TAG arrived today, its around 3 times thicker than the old TAG (about as thick as a mars bar) and uses a different mounting bracket to the old TAG and isn`t interchangeable, so if you intend to upgrade TAG`s consider ordering extra brackets for each vehicle. The TAG has seperate barcodes for each of the countries when you hand it over to be scanned by the toll booth operator. The welcome pack included an envelope for return postage
    Nice update, love the mars bar size, so in the pocket it goes. glad you got envelope was sure I had seen it...........