AT Tyres

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok,let’s start by saying that I’m sure most agree that the OE Dunlop’s are shite.
When I had my AT in 2016 I took the bike to the Hebrides and back and had a few big slides in the wet on the Dunlops.
They were junked immediately I got home and I got a set of trusty Conti Trail Attack 2s, which were brilliant as usual,having used them on a number of bikes with 21/18 wheels.
I’m picking up a new ATAS in the next week or so and will be junking the Dunlops straight away.
I was just going to fit the default Contis but was wondering whether anybody had fitted Pirelli Scorpion Rally STRs or secondly TKC 70s as I like the look of them and had the latter on my Turban with good results.

PS

att.....fuck off 🤪

I'm on the pirelli Scorpion Rally str tyres, and although look very off road biased I find them to be excellent on road, too. Just did 1200 miles around Scotland with them and they didn't put a foot wrong, although they are wearing quickly so might try something else next, like the heidenau k60 scout. I know they won't be as good a tyre but I can't be having to get new tyres too frequently.

I'm on the pirelli Scorpion Rally str tyres, and although look very off road biased I find them to be excellent on road, too. Just did 1200 miles around Scotland with them and they didn't put a foot wrong, although they are wearing quickly so might try something else next, like the heidenau k60 scout. I know they won't be as good a tyre but I can't be having to get new tyres too frequently.

Ok ta.

I have the Pirelli rally str’s on My AT and I’m really pleased with them, I have come to the conclusion that they are a road tyre with an off road tread pattern, they replaced conti TA2’s and have been pushed just as hard, although I wasn’t so confident early on, I have got to trust them over the last 2,500 miles.

I think they will be good for approx 5,000miles (the conti’s were at the wear bars at 6,000miles)

I have the Pirelli rally str’s on My AT and I’m really pleased with them, I have come to the conclusion that they are a road tyre with an off road tread pattern, they replaced conti TA2’s and have been pushed just as hard, although I wasn’t so confident early on, I have got to trust them over the last 2,500 miles.

I think they will be good for approx 5,000miles (the conti’s were at the wear bars at 6,000miles)

Excellent.

I’ll wait and see what tyres my ATAS comes with,but assuming it’s Dunlops I think I’ll try the STRs for a change.

Where to get Pirelli Rally STR’s?

I ordered 2 sets off these from Demon Tweeks over a week ago, they were out of stock, but were supposed to get more in early June. Now they are saying front will arrive end of June and rears not until second week of July! :(

So can anybody recommend somewhere that has them in stock, at a fair price?
Cheers

I bought mine from eBay, a user called felaps10, ordered and delivered 2 days later by dhl.

Nowhere in the U.K. could supply, some even told me they weren’t available, go figure...

Attachments

• 06BA7A9D-C318-4B93-AF4F-0556FB3B1221.jpg
    06BA7A9D-C318-4B93-AF4F-0556FB3B1221.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 365

Interesting - I was going to move from the Heidenau Scouts the bike came with when I got it to Conti TA2s as they seem road biased and 85-90% of what I do is tarmac. But if the Pirelli Rally STRs really are that good on the roads maybe that is the option when the time comes?

Cheers.

I bought mine from eBay, a user called felaps10, ordered and delivered 2 days later by dhl.

Nowhere in the U.K. could supply, some even told me they weren’t available, go figure...

Can't find that pair as a listing any more. He seems to be selling them individually but it comes to £243 so sent him a message.

Can't find that pair as a listing any more. He seems to be selling them individually but it comes to £243 so sent him a message.

You might also want to think about Michelin ultra heavy duty tubes (4mm thick), they are proper rubber, won’t pinch and are about as puncture resistant as tubes get, they will also tolerate puncture sealant as long as it’s a nail or thorn and the tube doesn’t rip. I was a bit nervous about the extra weight and higher tyre temps but I couldn’t tell the difference (other might though) and on 30 degree motorway days in Spain they were no noticeably hotter than PR5’s on a mates R1200RS.

I know you had an AT before but if you are going for panniers you might want to have a look at Bumot luggage, I am super impressed with mine, the only downside is I can’t get a helmet in the ones I took but they are really well made and suit the bike. Happy to post some pictures if you want to know more.

You might also want to think about Michelin ultra heavy duty tubes (4mm thick), they are proper rubber, won’t pinch and are about as puncture resistant as tubes get, they will also tolerate puncture sealant as long as it’s a nail or thorn and the tube doesn’t rip. I was a bit nervous about the extra weight and higher tyre temps but I couldn’t tell the difference (other might though) and on 30 degree motorway days in Spain they were no noticeably hotter than PR5’s on a mates R1200RS.

That is interesting cause I read that these tubes are for low pressures only, I ride trials so I know the tubes you refer to and are grand a 4psi, not so sure about 40 psi in heat of mid 30s though.

Think my local tyre garage charged me £225 ish for the pirelli Scorpion Rally str fitted.

I know you had an AT before but if you are going for panniers you might want to have a look at Bumot luggage, I am super impressed with mine, the only downside is I can’t get a helmet in the ones I took but they are really well made and suit the bike. Happy to post some pictures if you want to know more.

Thanks.

I had Bumot luggage on my AT in 2016 and also have it on my 1290R.
Will be keeping the panniers to use on ATAS.Just waiting for the frames to be available in next few weeks.Assen at Bumot has just got the bike in last few days to work on.

Back
Top Bottom