Scala Packtalk question/help

Flaming T

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning all... a question if you please for anyone that has this intercom unit and pairs with friends with the same...

in DMC mode, do you get 'drop out' for a split second whilst talking and at higher speeds (motorway etc) do you suffer from a lot of background noise?. If so, is there something within the setup that I am missing here. :nenau I believe that the noise cancelling is not doing what it should do.

For reference, my set up is an Arai Tour x4 helmet... mic (not the boom mic) is situated right in front of the mouth (vents closed) and i have custom earplugs connected directly via the 3.5mm jack. I have searched through the YT videos but none seem to give real life experience when riding.

Your opinions, thoughts, experiences are very welcome.

TIA. :beerjug:

Haven't used DMC for a few years, but from what I can remember, I didn't experience the issues you are talking about, it all worked fine. I am away with mates the beginning of July, but that will be a bit late for you :) Try emailing Scala support, they have been pretty good with responses in the past when I have had questions.

I haven't seen any reports on other forums of this issue.

There are settings in the smart set app for your phone, for vox etc,
I have mine in a tour x 4 with standard speakers mic in the same location, no issues
The voice does momentarily delay when you start talking as it switches the mic on,
Had noise when another rider had visor up travelling,
the Dmc bridge to a sena caused loads of interference and crackling,
Roamer

Er well first question is how many people are you connecting to in dmc ?
As with 1-2 it is perfectly at home but I find when more than 3 people are paired it dose have background hiss
Check and clean both your speaker jack and the mic pickup
Personally I have a gt air /an e1 and a corseair and think the button mic works great in the aria and the shoie
But for the e1 ( not only because it is a modula but because of the length of the chin bar) I use the boom mic
Also do you run with the Ariel up and the right hand speaker wire over your head inside the helmet ?

Er well first question is how many people are you connecting to in dmc ?
As with 1-2 it is perfectly at home but I find when more than 3 people are paired it dose have background hiss
Check and clean both your speaker jack and the mic pickup
Personally I have a gt air /an e1 and a corseair and think the button mic works great in the aria and the shoie
But for the e1 ( not only because it is a modula but because of the length of the chin bar) I use the boom mic
Also do you run with the Ariel up and the right hand speaker wire over your head inside the helmet ?

So far it has only been linked to one other via DMC so a little concerned we were getting these issue. Both of us run bespoke in ear speaker earplugs with direct connection to the 3.5mm jack and no internal speakers. I will check the connections but fairly happy that they were properly snapped in. Thanks for coming back to me, much appreciated.

There are settings in the smart set app for your phone, for vox etc,
I have mine in a tour x 4 with standard speakers mic in the same location, no issues
The voice does momentarily delay when you start talking as it switches the mic on,
Had noise when another rider had visor up travelling,
the Dmc bridge to a sena caused loads of interference and crackling,
Roamer

Yep... have checked the app and also the web page log in where you can also make adjustments.. thank you for replying.

Haven't used DMC for a few years, but from what I can remember, I didn't experience the issues you are talking about, it all worked fine. I am away with mates the beginning of July, but that will be a bit late for you :) Try emailing Scala support, they have been pretty good with responses in the past when I have had questions.

I haven't seen any reports on other forums of this issue.

Sounds like a call to the support team may be the answer.. thanks for the suggestion and feedback.

Have you upgraded to the latest software update, which came out a couple of months ago, just a thought

Have you upgraded to the latest software update, which came out a couple of months ago, just a thought

yep... all done. The App is a god send for setting up. with the Interphone F5, it was a really ball ache to link people together.

I will say I did find that the packtalk 3.5 slow but steady
Then I updated to 4.0 hated the fact that I needed to use a ferengy death grip to use the function I normally use
So I went back to 3.5 as I prefer the voice control and can say that the set now works better and has a better transmission and reception now

I will say I did find that the packtalk 3.5 slow but steady
Then I updated to 4.0 hated the fact that I needed to use a ferengy death grip to use the function I normally use
So I went back to 3.5 as I prefer the voice control and can say that the set now works better and has a better transmission and reception now

I found that 4 is a lot better. Especially switching the thing off. Whatever works though, don't you have to have 4 installed to use the new app? I find the app pretty good as well.

Just an update.... slowly getting to grips with this great unit.

Have realised that the boom mic is very much the better option over the button mic. For the first time we bridged a friend in on the DMC with their Interphone F5 and it worked flawlessly... having the App to do everything makes life so much better.

Definitely worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom