Thread: New guy looking to fix an ABS 2 unit

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

New guy looking to fix an ABS 2 unit

Yo people , thanks for the add.....be gentle...please. I have a 2000 1150 GS and the non servo ABS 2 unit has packed up and won't do anything anymore. The bike has 66k on the clock and this happened while on a tour in Greece. A little bit of black tape to hide the flashing lights is getting old...and I'm looking to send the unit somewhere in Europe to get fixed because apparently nobody in this country fixes ABS units.... Can anyone recommend a reputable company that I could courier the unit to that won't break the bank? I chatted with a place called Autotronics in the UK who claimed they could fix it for 240 quid plus shipping...with a one week turn around. Can anyone confirm if this place is legit , or suggest an alternative ? TIA for any info. Stay safe out there.... Dan

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Servoectomy - £60 about a couple of hours turnaround.

Do a search,

Is it suitable to do a servoectomy on a non servo bike? JJH

Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    Is it suitable to do a servoectomy on a non servo bike? JJH
    All a 1200gs servectomy does is bypass the servo/ abs unit mechanically from the brake system - electrical functions are retained

I could be wrong on the 1150 but this thread may give some pointers

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...50-IABS-system

Servoectomy not needed on ABSII

Pull blue relay in fuse box to stop lights flashing and have one steady red

Really you need the codes read to see what is wrong

It could just be a sensor gap or a damaged sensor cable?

Did you have a very flat battery while away it may just need a reset?