Bike to car NCD ?

Gargy

Reaction score
Bit of advice from the collective please.

I have 9 yrs NCD on my bike insurance. The bike is now gone and I'm looking at getting a rag top to replace it. Current insurers won't let me transfer/use my bike NCD on a car. (Direct line).

Does anyone know of a insurance company that will allow bike NCD to be used on a car policy ?

TIA.

I had a company car for years and moved jobs and needed to insure my own car. Phoned around loads of providers and got various offers and it topped out at 4 years awarded for goodwill. Sadly it is just a case of calling around, and that sort of question is good to put to a broker as they know all the best bits from each provider.

I can’t remember which one I ended up with though sorry.

Company car to private car is not the same as bike to car

It's like having a no claims discount on a helicopter and saying you want to transfer it to a plane !

Tesco insurance allowed the NCD (4 years max) from bike to car and were £200 dearer then a quote with no NCD........................ Ffs ! ! !

I have just insured my new Focus with Ford insurance. They let me 'mirror' the 9yrs NCD off my other car onto this one. If you are thinking about buying a Ford, then have a chat with them - they seem like a good team that worked towards finding solutions, rather than just putting up barriers...

Company car to private car is not the same as bike to car

It's like having a no claims discount on a helicopter and saying you want to transfer it to a plane !

I guess what he's trying to say is it's worth trying to negotiate with an insurer , if they want your business they will do exactly what he said and potentially offer an NCD .

It’s always the same advice: YOU keep ringing around, until YOU find an insurer that suits YOU. There are few (if any) shortcuts.

As with the Tesco example above, what suits one bod may not suit you and visa-versa. There is little point in finding an insurer who will take your good no claims record on a motorcycle (allowing say a 50% discount on their base premium) if their base premium is say six times higher than another insurer that won’t.

Back
Top Bottom