Cheapest is Bestest!

Hookster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
HD8 . In t'Western Riding of Yorkestersershire
Hi, bit of a son story, well for me it is!

Long story short, I've got a R1150R with a undiagnosed knackered engine (iron filings in oil and no pressure) with a 2nd hand 1150GS unit to go in from a reputable Ebay dealer. I know its a risk and the other unit could be pants but my budget is zero and I've not go the time to do the work myself.

So, any hobby mechanics/semi retired etc that fancy a go for not much cash and heap of gratitude?

Have contacted a few of the recommends on here (I'm in HD8) and am waiting replies but think its going to be beyond my £££

Thanks for any tips and pointers.

make the time or pay the rate. it’s a simple choice. noones going to fix your bike for you for fuck all because you’re too busy.

make the time or pay the rate. it’s a simple choice. noones going to fix your bike for you for fuck all because you’re too busy.

+1

I had to smile at the potential sterotypes here, a Scot telling a Yorkie how it is.

Wow! Such support from folk that don’t know me at all! I’ve been away from UKGSer for some time. Let’s just say it’s changed.

We all have bad luck from time to time.

I wish you all well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maybe my reply was a bit terse.

i’m a great believer in helping each other out, ive had help from forum members here and given help myself. happy to spend a bit of time helping relative strangers fix a puncture or find an electrical fault, and have even made some good friends along the way.

i just think asking folk to spend a not insignificant chunk of their own time changing an engine over for you out of the goodness of their heart is optimistic, and i suspect misplaced.

maybe ill be proven wrong. i understand hard times and wish you luck.

Sounds to me like you can't afford a motorcycle at the moment... :nenau

maybe my reply was a bit terse.

i’m a great believer in helping each other out, ive had help from forum members here and given help myself. happy to spend a bit of time helping relative strangers fix a puncture or find an electrical fault, and have even made some good friends along the way.

i just think asking folk to spend a not insignificant chunk of their own time changing an engine over for you out of the goodness of their heart is optimistic, and i suspect misplaced.

maybe ill be proven wrong. i understand hard times and wish you luck.

Totally agree with you two :thumb

To the rest ... please don't think that all Yorkshire folk are the same though :blast

:beerjug:

Sorry Hookster, your title 'Cheapest is Best' doesn't help you ... cheapest isn't always best ;)

Totally agree with you two :thumb

To the rest ... please don't think that all Yorkshire folk are the same though :blast

:beerjug:

Sorry Hookster, your title 'Cheapest is Best' doesn't help you ... cheapest isn't always best ;)

And if that ever does owt for nowt allus do it for thissen.....and you living in Yorkshire Hookster. What ya like eh! :comfort

Back
Top Bottom