75th D-Day Anniversary June 1st-8th 2019

Mark H

Formerly known as Easyrider5258 (Mark)
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm organising a trip for next year for the 75th which may be the last "Biggie" I did it for the 65th and 70th about 60 attended including some from UKGSER a good time was had by all.

The site is the same as the 65th and 70th http://www.camping-cote-de-nacre.com/accueil-en.htm

A good central place to base yourself for all the events and only a few miles from the Caen ferry port if you chose the Portsmouth - Caen route,

The location is Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer and will offer camping pitches and chalets, pool, Bar and Restaurant on-site, and you may be pleased to know that children are more or less absent from the site at this time of year.

I will be there from 1st to 8th but you can book any duration you wish,

Travel, routes and ferries are up to you to arrange,

Booking on-line wont be available until the end of July/August 2018 and will be at next years tariff, The site will fill quickly up-to the end of this year so get in early to secure your accommodation or pitch.

Booking can only be made by contacting the site directly on 0033-231-971445 http://www.camping-cote-de-nacre.com/accueil-en.htm

If you decide to go and have booked drop me a pm or post on the thread so I have an idea of names and numbers,

Hope to see you there!

When you say that you are "organising a trip", can you be more specific about what is being offered once people have sorted out their ferries, routes there and pitch bookings?

I can refer you to my previous effort below to give you an idea;
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...nniversary-June-4th-11th-2014?highlight=nacre

This year there will be a couple of ride outs plus

a trip to Caen Airfield to visit these guys;
https://www.daksovernormandy.com/

There will be a photo tour of the Aircraft (3 Dakota's with a look inside) a flight is being discussed over the beaches and drop zones 20 places available in a WW2 Dakota.

On the evening 6th there is a big firework show in Saint Aubin sur Mere, walking distance from site

lots of people do their own thing and explore

There is the bar onsite in the evenings which gets busy with us lot :beerjug:

The site usually have some entertainment going in the evenings

Screaming kids not present :thumb2

Good swimming pool onsite

Seafront walking distance

Mark

Booking

Hi Mark,

Have you booked anything yet?
I was there for the 70th and will be for the 75th.
Went solo last time, and am interested in joining a group this time.

Ian

Hi Ian, Be great to have you join us, I am keeping an eye on when bookings will open which will be soon, will post up here when more info to hand, anything else you need to know just contact me,

Mark.

Would appreciate any info on the D-Day 75th anniversary events as I plan to ride from Malta to Normandy.

Bookings are open now for the site, several already booked on, special early booking rate till end of November worth 89 euro discount on 2 bed chalet for example.

Don't forget to quote "BMW Club" when booking

Appreciate a message / text, phone call, email to confirm your booked on with your name and contact phone number or email address

Cheers,

Mark Handley markhandley2@yahoo.com, 07814938512, 01354740908

I'd been looking for hotels (unsuccessfully) and just stumbled across this thread. I've just booked a two-bedroomed Premium cottage from 4-8th June :beerjug: I've stopped in St Aubin Sur Mer before and it's a nice little place in the Canadian sector of the D-Day beaches

I'm aware of some attendees willing to offer shares in their 2 or 3 bed chalets, if you would like to share message me and I will put you in touch :thumb2

Mark,
I have booked a 2 bedroom unit with 2 bathrooms and zircon so if anyone would like to share I am more than happy
subject to splitting the cost
Regards
Matt

Hello Matt

Welcome to the event, how many in your party?

Noted your share request

See you there :thumb

Mark

I’m sure you have done this already, I was in Normandy earlier this year with the Royal Marines Association Riders and on checking most campsites and hotels are fully booked out by the Associations from all allied countries and have been for some time. Just saying...

The site we are on has space for chalets and camping at the moment but is filling fast, 20 booked in already, recommend booking asap to ensure a place

22 booked in :thumb, There are a few shares going, so if you interesting in sharing please contact me :)

Please note only use this number for your Camp Du Nacre bookings, 020 7660 8583 the telephone number and email have both been replaced by the new number,

020 7660 8583

Any problems give me a call on 01354 740908 or email markhandley2@yahoo.com

Thanks

Mark Handley (25 booked in so far!)

Back
Top Bottom