Thread: Joined today

Joined today

Hi everyone,

Registered today for the forum. Bought myself a F800GS Trophy back in March.
    Came from a FJR1300 but needed something lighter due to a dicky left knee. Having 46 stone of bike sat on me after it gave way wasn't funny!

Tried the new 1200GS and the 800, and went for the 800 due to the weight.
    Have to say, so far I love it. If and when I get the knee sorted, maybe look at the 1200 again.

I'm a Paramedic down in Dorset so luckily with the shift work, manage to get out on the bike a fair bit on the days off.

Please be gentle if I ask the odd "stupid" question or two, as the world of modern BMW is all new to me.
    Had a K100LT years ago but they are certainly different machines now to then.

Cheers
    toj

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Greetings Toj & welcome to the forum....
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Welcome mate

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

Exciseman

Joined today.
    Just taken delivery of a new 2018 GSA. Traded in a K1600GT that was a lovely bike but l was not in love with it, so back to a GS. Look forward to reading some interesting posts.

No such thing as a stupid question ....

Unless its
    Oil
    Hilltop
    tyres
    pound of butter

Welcome
    No one nods at me cos they think I'm a Cnut

Welcome loads of info on here ignore any negative bods enjoy your new steed.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Welcome, did you purchase from the excellent CW at Dorchester?
    Edited because I cannot type

Not another cw fan
    Hope to see you out soon then as like you I work nights so have a fair bit of time

I certainly did get it through CW's, and I have to say how nice it was to deal with a 'proper' dealership
    Thank you for all the welcomes.