Innovv K2

I had a C3 in 2016 and after a software update after a few months it never recorded whole files again, just the ones at the beginning and end of each ride. I binned it and got a Roadhawk ride with the moto power kit instead.

No, but I'm about to start installing an Innovv K1 system bought off here recently. One of the issues with the K1 is that the DVR isn't waterproof, so I'm considering installing it in the top box together with comms kit and routing the cables via sealing grommets.

I am very tempted now both cameras are 1080p
Went out on Sunday for an hour and had several cars pull out and cut me up.

Just nervous about being a beta tester...

Keith, did the FUZEBLOCK arrive?

Sent you an email tonight. If not, I need to chase it up. The tracking number is in London, though.

I have.

I sold KMD the K1 and pre-ordered the K2. I also sent two (spare) square cameras off to them to be re-plugged to fit the K2 (just because I had them and I wanted the option; square cameras are easier to locate and hide or make unobtrusive IMHO). ETA end of June.

Anyway. It's a good idea to place ferrous blocks on the wires. I suspect (no proof) that that is why at times footage was missing and it was almost always when I gave the bike some welly. The ferrous blocks attenuate any interference. Missing footage is quite common on some systems for various reasons.

Don't route the wires over or through the engine. The wires don't like to be heated up and it does state that in the instructions. This can also cause missing footage when you rev the engine hard.

Every so often, and this is common to ALL dash cams, you have to format the SD card because they get "stuck". So, I learned to do this before a big trip just to be sure. In any case, once a month is probably a good idea. It takes 10 seconds to do and is done by the system in a couple of easy steps.

Occasionally it simply won't initialise but thankfully, because the GPS speaker says: "GPS RUNNING" when you put the ignition on, you will know when it hasn't easily enough. Off and then on again usually does the job.

It's reliable enough. I used to use a MIO bullet cam which was Ok until I used some cleaning product that the plastic lens cover didn't like and I ruined it. Once the cover is ruined the camera was no longer waterproof. A new one was almost as much as the camera itself. But the worst thing was having to remove it and put it on and plug it in every time I took a rest. When I say it's reliable "enough" I mean that with a bit of care, the times it won't work (sometimes pure chance as with all dash-cams) is eclipsed by the ease of use. Once fitted correctly you just forget about it with the caveats mentioned above.

The cameras are very tough but the best thing is that they are easy to hide and once on, very difficult to spot unless you know where they are. Unless your bike is a funny colour (you can spray paint them if you have to to match the bodywork, fairings, plastics etc) then they won't stand out.

The image quality is excellent but that can work against it because each 5 minute block (as I had it) is (about) 400mb big. Easily editable but if you stitch different shots to music the file will be about 300-400mbs big and you will need to make sure your editor (iTunes will do it) reduces the file to about 50mb's in order to send it to your mates on SM. That reduces the quality. Fine on a phone but not on a big telly; you'd need to show that from the original edit on your computer.

It's a great system, really, though. If I'd been that unhappy with it, I wouldn't have ordered the next gen.

The others I looked at just didn't have the ease of use. The ghostrider and all those I'm sure are great but you have to keep putting it on and taking it off every time and have wires sticking out everywhere. Just not what I want.

HTH.

Keith, did the FUZEBLOCK arrive?

It did thanks. I've emailed you a brief reply. Thanks again, very pleased and looking forward to putting it to good use in Austria. Appreciate the excellent advice too.

So any news on how the K2 performs?

Dolly said it would be shipped to me on the 15th.

I won't be able to answer that question until Sept most likely. I'm only in London (where it's being delivered) until the 23rd which is too tight for it to arrive most likely. I have to return on the 29th and hopefully it'll still be at the courier's by then.

I then have to fit the thing. Having had experience with the last one, which took me a month to do after much pacing and cups of tea around my Tiger, waiting for connectors and mulling over solutions, I'm reasonably confident that this second time around, I can do it much quicker. I have prefabricated a couple of the wires I will need and spliced a connector into the satnav feed as well as decipphered my route and am familiar with how to dismantle my GS fairings (and not have any fastenings left over at the end :blast) Hopefully, all I have to do is think about the location of the cameras. The rest will be fit and forget.

They'll get a real test on our Picos tour in September. I also have one of those wifi hard drives to transfer the high volume of footage that accumulates on a 7 day tour. That is another thing I have to configure and get to grips with. It's still in it's box as I type. :confused:

Mate of mine has one fitted, he is having trouble with the wi fi connection. Apparently if you change any parameters from the standard the thing freezes are wi fi doesn't connect anymore. Change back and all is ok.

Right, mine's in and on.

My experiences so far:

I got mucked about intially with the delivery. In the end I got it (end of August!!!) but my spare re-plugged square ones didn't arrive. To cut a long story short, they ended up paying me what I originally paid for them 3 years ago but after threatening to tell paypal and send them all our correspondence.

On the INNOVV forum which you can access (I think) there are various posts about the odd problem. The most significant is the issue with IOS 12 not allowing you to change certain parameters on the settings page in the APP.

My biggest issue was that I couldn't change the file blocks from 3s to 3m. However, although it "seems" like the setting doesn't change, all my file blocks are 3m long :nenau.

The issue, apparently, is with the chip itself and requires the Korean manufacturer to make some changes.

After much deliberation on positioning, and considering it is waterproof, I decided to locate it under the top box rack behind the pillion seat; there is no room under the seat. The wires go under the tank covers for the ignition wire which I needn't have made a 2 wire cable but I thought I'd get away without having to wire directly to the battery, rather, stright from the aux wire at the front. You need both but I'd already made the cable and plug. The spare length of cables and wires (you cannot trim any of them) go neatly under the rack base in an inaccessible compartment behind the rear light. I have placed ferrous blocks on the camera and power cables but If you don't have them it's more important not to route the wires around engines, pumps or other electrical gubbins wherever possible (prevents interference). Lastly, bearing in mind that with this IOS problem it is not possible to modify the "G" sensor sensitivity, I placed about 1cm of padding under the control box to prevent all the files going into the "park" file. Even so about 10% of my files end up there. I attached it all with velcro for ease of removal if needed. This way I can easily remove the SD card without having to remove the seat.

The cameras are fitted under the left indicators front and back using some special camera mounts that attach to the indicators which you can get from ebay. They're for Go-Pros normally. The K2 comes with it's own "L" shaped brackets which, while they'll do the same job, leave the camera too close to the chassis and covers limiting the field of view.

It performs as well as the K1. The front camera is prone to insect suicide, of course, (especially at night in the summer) and requires regular cleaning or you will find that much footage is unuseable. In the rain you get a similar problem which could be solved using Rain-X, maybe. The rear camera, however, has none of these problems. I tend to lead when on my tours (for no other reason than I usually plan the route and know where I'm going) so I get good footage of my mates which is primarily what I have the system for.

The wifi transfer to the phone is slow but the files are large.

Attachments

• IMG_2403.jpg
    IMG_2403.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 929
  • IMG_2886.jpg
    IMG_2886.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 908
  • IMG_8661.jpg
    IMG_8661.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 1,005
  • IMG_7676.jpg
    IMG_7676.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 825
  • IMG_6556.jpg
    IMG_6556.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 810
Well I fitted my K2 the weekend.

Main unit under the rider seat. Used double sided tape and stuck it to the top of the ECU so that i have access to the mem card.

Using the supplied L brackets fitted one to the rear left and front right indicator.

Very slight reduction on front field of view but acceptable.

Just come back from a ride to monyash this morning. Nice to see lots of bikes out!

Been checking the video on my innovv k2. If you download the files to your phone or watch them via a laptop direct from memory card the quality is as good as any other action camera at 1080p 30fps. Both front and rear.

Unit works well but had fitted ferrite cores as a pre-caution. I would say that the unit is sensitive despite being set on its lowest setting. Will have to regularly check that and automatically saved files are deleted to ensure room is left on the mem card.

Hi, got the k2 for Christmas, and just wondering where you fitted the gps module? Don't mind if you message me instead of replying on here 😉

Fitted mine today, all very straightforward, connected the switched power to the red and blue under seat, ( 7.5amp fuse connection, used a posi tap) longest part was deciding where to fit cameras, gps on front dash behind splash guard, all works perfectly, well pleased.😃

Well I fitted my K2 the weekend.

Main unit under the rider seat. Used double sided tape and stuck it to the top of the ECU so that i have access to the mem card.

Using the supplied L brackets fitted one to the rear left and front right indicator.

Very slight reduction on front field of view but acceptable.

When I picked my bike up (new) I was told in no uncertain terms that fitting anything on top of the ECU was a big no-no because it can get very hot and it needs all the ventilation it can get. Not only does it restrict the airflow in the small space but it can destroy whatever you put on top of it. SO be careful.

Back
Top Bottom