Mapping updates.

It's not supported any longer.
Device software.
Although changes to world times ect.
It's on the Garmin website.

Really depends what not supported actually means. If it means they won't fix anything more, then yes I wouldn't expect it to be supported when there is a newer model out. If it means they will still provide software updates, then it is supported, because my Nav V had a software update just last week, so understand what not supported means!

I've just downloaded the latest Garmin maps and something strange has now happen to my European maps.....Can anyone help? ….

I have a BMW Nav V unit and Garmin Express advised to download the latest software. So followed the instructions and I got the happy message "Your Up to Date" Software version 3.40, and Full coverage of Europe 2019.10.

Then I started Basecamp which also updated the latest software City Navigator Europe NTU 2019.1 v22.10.

However..... Whilst in Basecamp the high view detail (streets etc) is OK in Europe, well France, Spain Parts of Belgium, but basic view for the UK. Map navigation is also very slow.

Whats happened? should I blame Brexit or is the download map update no good. Has anyone encountered this?

OK.. I've just noticed that the update European maps are for Southern Europe only including Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria etc, but not Northern Europe... Germany Denmark, Holland UK ect.
It must be something to do with the version I've downloaded i.e V22.10

Problem solved... due to my location (I'm currently in the Middle East)… restrictions apply when downloading Garmin map updates when located in this part of the world. Will have to update upon my return to the UK.

Really depends what not supported actually means. If it means they won't fix anything more, then yes I wouldn't expect it to be supported when there is a newer model out. If it means they will still provide software updates, then it is supported, because my Nav V had a software update just last week, so understand what not supported means!

Its not rocket science.
Device software is no longer supported. There will be NO MORE updates to its device software.
There will be updates to mapping, Time and other country specific changes.
3.40 is the last.
Hope that helps.

Its not rocket science.
Device software is no longer supported. There will be NO MORE updates to its device software.
There will be updates to mapping, Time and other country specific changes.
3.40 is the last.
Hope that helps.

Your right its not rocket science, then there are updates, which are separate to the mapping, so that is support is it not. I agree there will be no more "fixes or new options", but you would expect that once a newer model is out. But thanks for taking the time to explain

Your right its not rocket science, then there are updates, which are separate to the mapping, so that is support is it not. I agree there will be no more "fixes or new options", but you would expect that once a newer model is out. But thanks for taking the time to explain

I think the latest update was to the voice software, the actual unit software has been at 3.4 for a while but I dont think Garmin are updating this anymore.

Hi Anyone know what the latest Zumo 660 update is please.
G

Thanks for that. Just checked and I’m ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom