Mapping updates.

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know the Nav 5 is no longer supported with its Operating software, but is it still going to receive new maps :nenau
I've not had a map update all year :confused:

Are you currently on 2018.3? I see there's also a recent voice software update.

Yes, on 2018.30. I have two updates for it too. Voice and world time clock. After reading on here about an update which slowed down the unit I'm a bit apprehensive to install it:D
We used to get 3 updates a year, every four months :nenau

Yes, on 2018.30. I have two updates for it too. Voice and world time clock. After reading on here about an update which slowed down the unit I'm a bit apprehensive to install it:D
We used to get 3 updates a year, every four months :nenau

It's not just the NavV though. My NavV and nüviCam have been on 2018.3 for several months now and my NavIV and nüvi765 on 2018.2 for about the same length of time. :nenau

It's not just the NavV though. My NavV and nüviCam have been on 2018.3 for several months now and my NavIV and nüvi765 on 2018.2 for about the same length of time. :nenau

Seams strange, I only thought about it as I crossed a major new road layout that wasn't on my maps. Then realised this road was completed Autumn last year. A21 bit just before Hastings.
You know we'll get an update now ! Probably.

Ha ha What did i tell ya.... 2019.10 is here !!!

Ha ha What did i tell ya.... 2019.10 is here !!!

Funny that. I got into the car today and my nüviCam told me to connect it to Garmin Express and update it. How does it know - does it get information from the satellite network that there's a map update?

Not that I know ?
Is it connected to the intranet via a phone ?

Tried mine just now and have 2018.2 which Garmin says is up to date? Hmmmm

Possibly they loaded the reminder when you last updated it as they must have known the likely date back then.

Have the BMW Nav 5, great piece o'kit ...I don't bother updating the maps :blast

The roads I'm interested in have been around for four hundred years :D

:beerjug:

I know the Nav 5 is no longer supported with its Operating software, but is it still going to receive new maps :nenau
I've not had a map update all year :confused:

I had a Nav V software update last week, so it is still supported.

After reading on here about an update which slowed down the unit I'm a bit apprehensive to install it

Rather like statements that Nav V’s are no longer supported, don’t believe half of what you read bods telling you about their Garmin based gps devices’ problems.

Instead, temper it with trying to understand that the same bod is probably looking at his kettle, not at Garmin’s box of wonder widgets.

It's not supported any longer.
Device software.
Although changes to world times ect.
It's on the Garmin website.

Back
Top Bottom