o2 sensor wire connection and cat reinstall issue ?

DR268

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
decided to put my cat back on but the o2 sensor wire is quite short and wont stretch to the cat input hole

I assume the first plug in the line is under the tank somewhere to get some slack

also on replacing the cat its a bit of a pig to get connected to the two down pipes,

is it a case of slackening both headers and the front connection pipe to get a bit of give or is there a trick to this ?

Where the O2 plug is located on the right side of frame by a tie wrap, there is plenty slack cable. Also check how you have routed it.

Sometimes you need that third hand to help align and slide on the pipe connections.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Where the O2 plug is located on the right side of frame by a tie wrap, there is plenty slack cable. Also check how you have routed it.

Sometimes you need that third hand to help align and slide on the pipe connections.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

my wire disappears up the back of the fuel line connections, cant see any zip ties, at the back its routed in under the front of the swinging arm pivot which is neat but lengthy, is it supposed to just run down the side of the gearbox and under ?

I'm not fond of the quick connectors so rather not take the tank off

The cat is heavy and awkward, there were two of us, a couple of mm slack would have helped, so unfortunately need the crash bars brace, and bash plate removed to slacken the cross pipe to maybe give a bit in the headers .

hard to imagine its warm in Northern Ireland at the minute ( a first) and the gravy was running out of me so gave up for the night.

Back
Top Bottom