Africa Twin 2017 or 2018.

TwoTone

Reaction score
My mate is going to buy an new African Twin he's been offered deals on 2017 and 2018 price difference £1000,anyone owned/ridden both can comment on best way to go.

My mate is going to buy an new African Twin he's been offered deals on 2017 and 2018 price difference £1000,anyone owned/ridden both can comment on best way to go.

If he’s looking at a DCT then get the 2018 as it’s next generation with auto-blipper. Utterly fantastic .

There’s some engine differences too.....I’d definitely go for 2018 as these new bikes are as sharp as mine without spending money on the exhaust/Hilltop remap. :thumb2

So better engine and gearbox stainless spokes and an 18 plate rather than a 67 pre-reg the £1000 looks to be money well spent.

Got for the 2018, much improved bike over the 2017, will hold better money also. might pay an extra £1k at the start but its gonna be worth that much more than an older model when it comes to reselling it.

Got for the 2018, much improved bike over the 2017, will hold better money also. might pay an extra £1k at the start but its gonna be worth that much more than an older model when it comes to reselling it.
Unless you paid 9k for the 17 model dct!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

As I understand it the 2018 has better mapping, exhaust and DCT. I'm not sure on the detail but this was pitched to me by the very keen salesman, I realise that doesn't mean its true.

As I understand it the 2018 has better mapping, exhaust and DCT. I'm not sure on the detail but this was pitched to me by the very keen salesman, I realise that doesn't mean its true.

I’m convinced the ‘18 bikes are better in this respect as the AS I test rode felt equal to how my remapped ‘16 bike goes.

Back
Top Bottom