Midges

That is a million times worse than I've ever witnessed,how do people get abut their daily lives????

That was in Argyll which can get pretty extreme at times (my wife is from there).
The saving grace of midges is that they're buggered by even a light breeze (which is a lot of the time on the West Coast).
Also, if you keep walking they can't keep up - so you just don't stop.

Trouble is with campsites, at dusk, on a still, warm, day....pain in the feckin arse.
If you're camping....take a head net. Or rather take two.
When you first put one, folk will snigger at you.
Then wait 10 minutes and you can sell the second one for however much you want.

A form of torture in Scotland once - to peg someone out in a field, stripped naked, then wait for dusk.
Waterboarding.........pah!

We were up there last week, had a cracking week, pretty breezy till friday when I had to load the bike back on the trailer for the return journey. Got eaten alive, legs are just calming down now. Still love it up there though. We have hats with nets attatched, much better than just head nets. Our friends up there have a midge hoover, looks a bit like a mobile air condioner. They hardly used it last year, only emptied it once, they’ve emptied it every day since Saturday aparently!!

The little beggars were out in force at Applecross last week- still got the scars!! When we lived in Ullapool, I used to get a big pedastal fan in the garden in the evenings to blow them away, pity I couldn't apply same technology when camping. Unfortunatly, my "old stock" Skin so Soft proved ineffective last week so suggestions of Deet and other products also worth considering (you can look like a bit of a twat in a midge net but who cares when it works-I also wear Crocs!!).:):)

Gotta ask Mike - what were you looking for when you "found" that item? :confused: :rolleyes:

SteveT

:cool:

Found it in Maureen's browsing history...honest :rolleyes:

And now you had better clear your history before the wife sees it :D

Just think ,,
People go to their work in the morning to make these things :eek:

Am I the only person who is immune?

Grew up in Clydebank and lived in Inverness for many years and was a frequent visitor to the west coast. Used to walk through clouds of the little buggers but was never bitten. Never used any protection either. Strangely, my mother was very allergic to them and would need treatment for bites most years.

I will leave my body to midge science when I eventually succumb.

Just think ,,
People go to their work in the morning to make these things :eek:

And I'm sure that some people also go to work in the morning wearing these things ;)

d79ab7a8ac0ca2311b54a5da4178203c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each to their own, but I've found Avon to be a waste of time. I use Smidge....and a net or even a complete jacket. http://www.midgejacket.co.uk/

Im with Gerry
Smidge

Thanks for the link to the jacket

I find 100ft offshore helps they are knackered by the time they reach me.
Tangine doesn't seem to complain waiting at the pier

Back
Top Bottom