The 1090 arrived.... Finally!

R800

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well after a long wait it arrived 2 weeks ago!

I put on a few bits and have the first service done.

Overall, extremely happy... I bought it just by the figures on paper and it definitely delivered. Feels lighter that the gs, and more eager with power delivered in a way I prefer, a good spread going up the revs.

Build quality seems excellent.

Main gripes: the side stand is hard to put up and down, no little wing to catch with the boot. And the sound track is disappointing. Too quiet until you start moving along. Prob a Euro 4 issue... otherwise it seems really good.

Exhaust has to be done, prices of the wings have just increased... black shorty with the heel guard is €620 delivered... was nearly 100 less in March...
any other recommendations?

So far put on, comfort seats, rad guard, crash bars, heated grips, led indicators, side stand extender and wheel decals...

Considering a screen which is only really noisy at high cruising speeds and also led headlight conversion.

:D

Attachments

• A5EF31A1-49A7-4E31-B791-60EDC819F1C3.jpg
    A5EF31A1-49A7-4E31-B791-60EDC819F1C3.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 587
I have struggled to find a good screen for myself (@ 6'1)

The OE one just deflects a bit of blast of the upper body and forces a lot of air up towards head, the KTM Touring one is no better for me, but if I crouch down it seems very good so might work well for people sat a few inches lower than I do.

After having good results with the (rather ugly) Givi Airflows on other bikes I bought one for the 1190 and did not get on with it, great for reducing wind blast, but gave some booming / buffeting noises from the side.

The Puig touring works well for me, but it is very tall, even in the low position shorter folk will probably find it gets in their eye line, but for me it is fine and as well as reducing wind blast / noise it manages to keep the visor very clear of fly splats, in the high setting it totally eliminates any fly issues, I raise it up for long motorway stints and if it is raining and run it in the low setting the rest of the time.

When at home and riding locally in summer (mainly just pottering along back lanes) I go back to the standard screen for better airflow

The OE one just deflects a bit of blast of the upper body and forces a lot of air up towards head, the KTM Touring one is no better for me, but if I crouch down it seems very good so might work well for people sat a few inches lower than I do.

Touring screen did not work for me @ 5'10"

Congrats on the new bike Rory, looks the business. Can I ask where you sourced your KTM Powerparts from? Cheers

Colin

After much faffing I fitted an 1190R screen to mine - sorted...... as it brings the airflow lower, leaving your Helmet in "cleaner" air.

This is the sort tinted one..... quite cheap from KTM Power Parts.

After having good results with the (rather ugly) Givi Airflows on other bikes I bought one for the 1190 and did not get on with it, great for reducing wind blast, but gave some booming / buffeting noises from the side.

The Puig touring works well for me, but it is very tall, even in the low position shorter folk will probably find it gets in their eye line, but for me it is fine and as well as reducing wind blast / noise it manages to keep the visor very clear of fly splats, in the high setting it totally eliminates any fly issues, I raise it up for long motorway stints and if it is raining and run it in the low setting the rest of the time.

When at home and riding locally in summer (mainly just pottering along back lanes) I go back to the standard screen for better airflow

I used the touring screen with a Puig extender - this worked quite well for me (5' 10").

Gear4motorcycles was the site I used... very quick delivery too! :thumb2

Nice one!
I see premier have one in (apre reg/ex demo?) for just under 8.5k - they do look good value.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Went with the Leo Vince Nero, good value too

Attachments

• 7191BC66-13F5-4A18-A6AE-3E1FCAC372A5.jpg
    7191BC66-13F5-4A18-A6AE-3E1FCAC372A5.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 314
  • 248DB361-5AEB-4A1C-980B-F14B0D100853.jpg
    248DB361-5AEB-4A1C-980B-F14B0D100853.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 297
  • 17F03B27-CD9D-401D-B3FF-136ABD65915C.jpg
    17F03B27-CD9D-401D-B3FF-136ABD65915C.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 311
Looks great, but get that number plate straight.......

Back
Top Bottom