Joining a route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bengaz

Reaction score
Hi, a bit stuck.
Away on trip, have got all my routes on my nav 5. Is there any way of joining a route instead of having to go to the beginning all the time.
Keeps trying to take me to beginning.
Thanks in advance.

read this on a thread. try this activate route then, press on the route map and it should say direct me to that point and add to active route. Hunky dory.

Simplest way, (assuming you don't have an announced waypoint a little further along your route that you can head to) is to turn off recalculation, then start the route, choose the start waypoint but don't follow the directions just yet.

If you press the top blue border (with the next turn info) you call up the turn-by-turn screen. Select the 3 bars and you can show a map display with your present location and the magenta route line. Use this to get yourself back on route if necessary. Once on route just carry on in the direction of your destination. When you are on the route you can use the 'skip waypoint' icon to tell the device to skip your starting waypoint (and any others which are behind you) and you should then receive the correct direction prompts again.

Simplest way, (assuming you don't have an announced waypoint a little further along your route that you can head to) is to turn off recalculation, then start the route, choose the start waypoint but don't follow the directions just yet.

If you press the top blue border (with the next turn info) you call up the turn-by-turn screen. Select the 3 bars and you can show a map display with your present location and the magenta route line. Use this to get yourself back on route if necessary. Once on route just carry on in the direction of your destination. When you are on the route you can use the 'skip waypoint' icon to tell the device to skip your starting waypoint (and any others which are behind you) and you should then receive the correct direction prompts again.

+1 for above think i said something along similar lines in the other thread

Thanks all great help. Did the other thread from my phone and didn't realise it was posted sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom