Thread: New R1200GS TE Exclusive ordered

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

New R1200GS TE Exclusive ordered

Hi all,

Just ordered my brand new R1200GS TE Exclusive so I thought I'd look around for a UK forum to hang around in.

I've always like the GS since Charlie and Ewan did their thing but I've always had mainly sports bikes for the last 25 or so years. I commute on my current bike (an old fireblade) but the wind noise has been affecting my tinnitus. I arranged a test ride on a GS and within 10 mins, knew I was going to have one. I was going to go for the GSA, but after sitting on one in the showroom after my test ride, I realised that my short legs would not let me safely filter in the city and get both feet firmly down inbetween cars if needed. Sensibly, I went for the lower GS which I can handle much easier in tight situations.

I have never been so impressed with a bike as the GS. I loved the wind protection on the motorway. The handling on the back roads was perfect. The comfort was better than anything I've ever ridden after 1 hour. Performance was plenty (even after owning a fireblade and a hayabusa). Slow speed manoeuvres a doddle. TFT was beautiful This bike ticks every box for me.

So with the TFT, Vario panniers and the nav5 all thrown in the deal for no extra cost, I signed on the dotted line and can't wait to pick it up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Welcome. Good choice of bike.

Good choice, enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilkommen

Sound like a great deal - congratulations. Anything after a sports bike will be mega comfortable for hour plus rides

James
    BMW K1600 GT LE

Greetings & welcome to the forum....
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC