Thread: GS comfort ? V multi dvt

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

GS comfort ? V multi dvt

How do gsers, I've got a multistrada 1200 dvt and it's a great bike, but my arse has an issue with it, 2 hours into a ride and I'm suffering. Yep, already tried the comfort seat and an air hawk on that as well. The multi seat is a banana curved shape compared to the GS, Don't know if this is the problem.
    I'm testing a gs1200 rallye this week to see how comfy it is compared.
    So , I'd like to hear your experiences with the GS concerning handlebar vibes and seat comfort. If testing is positive and the dealer gives me a reasonable px value, I'm going to bite the bullet.
    Thanks in advance, go for it

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    If you want comfort on all roads, don’t tick the sport Suspension box. It’s fine on most roads, but can be harsh on minor pot holed roads.

Thanks for that, I was going to get that option as it sits the bike slightly taller.
    Good tip

Although a GSA, here's my (relatively) new owner experience - hope it helps:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...ile-Run-Review

This is counter-intuitive but I’ve found that the OEM GS low seat on high front/low rear is more comfortable than the regular seat on low/low, is near enough the same height and is good for a few hours for me. This is the bonus of having an angle-adjustable seat. I’ve always thought that the multi seat looks uncomfortable due to the amount of curve. Touring bike seats are usually flattish for a reason.

Great review thanks for sharing, I'll see how I get on on weds

Quote Originally Posted by L7APK View Post
    Thanks for that, I was going to get that option as it sits the bike slightly taller.
    Good tip
    If you don’t ride the nadgery lanes, get the Sport suspension. It’s very good off-road, but can be a bit too firm for every day use. I have a bad back, so may not be the best person to take advice from though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty589 View Post
    This is counter-intuitive but I’ve found that the OEM GS low seat on high front/low rear is more comfortable than the regular seat on low/low, is near enough the same height and is good for a few hours for me. This is the bonus of having an angle-adjustable seat. I’ve always thought that the multi seat looks uncomfortable due to the amount of curve. Touring bike seats are usually flattish for a reason.
    Well I was thinking of getting the high seat, I want my legs unfolded as much as poss. I suppose having it adjusted the same as yours would do the same trick, I'll try it on the demo bike