Clutch clicking

My money's on injectors. They are noisy. Your vid gets loads of clicking when you go down one side over the intake. FWIW, I went over my first GS for the loud clicking with my mechanic's stethoscope. It was the injectors. I remember taking the top off the air box off a injected Fiat Cinqecento I bought daughter #3 to learn in. It took a minute or so to realise the horrible ticking noise was the single-point injector doing its stuff.

What's a clutch decompression valve?

Think he means the camshaft mounted de-compression valve used to lower compression during start up its a mechanical centrifugal device used to allow smaller starter motor / battery to be used thus saving weight & manufacturing £ & yes they do rattle about

Nope its none of them

Spoke to the technician, its a compression valve in the cylinder head, RHS of the bike, cover off, big silver rocking bit of metal, normal sound. Looked at a video of it.

Nope its none of them

Spoke to the technician, its a compression valve in the cylinder head, RHS of the bike, cover off, big silver rocking bit of metal, normal sound. Looked at a video of it.

Nope, its a centrifugal de-compression finger mounted on the end of the cam which holds one of the existing valves (cant remember if exhaust or inlet side)? From fully closing as the engine starts (allowing de-compression). Once its spinning, the centrifugal action allows the valve to open normally shown in the Haynes manual section 2.10 engine photo 7.6a (lower cam in the photo) for reference ;)

Nope, its a centrifugal de-compression finger mounted on the end of the cam which holds one of the existing valves (cant remember if exhaust or inlet side)? From fully closing as the engine starts (allowing de-compression). Once its spinning, the centrifugal action allows the valve to open normally shown in the Haynes manual section 2.10 engine photo 7.6a (lower cam in the photo) for reference ;)

I would draw your attention to the subject of this thread... :D

Back
Top Bottom