Vario top case

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve hughes

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Looking for one of these plus the fitting and keeying jobby!
Does anyone have one for sale.

Are you looking for functional or pretty? :)

I have one which is annoying me as it doesn't quite fit my Evoline helmet, but haven't quite decided whether to sell it or not (simply because I don't have a better solution yet)...
Not the prettiest, though.

Im looking for a functional top case. Im not precious about condition as long as it hasnt been down the road. Do you have the base plate and keying thingings ?

I'm not the first owner, but it doesn't look like it's been down the road. Just the usual dings and scrapes. It is the alluminium/silver one, not the black one, if that makes any difference to you.

Yes, I got the mounting plate and bolts from ebay. Wasn't cheap as there are not too many of them about. Also in "functional" condition, IIRC (haven't taken it off for last year since I put it on the bike.)

The keying thing... best say "no" I suppose. It is a bunch of [fiddly little] key-gate/inserts I was lucky enough to be able to re-arrange to fit my key. But, I don't have the other bits. [So it is a gamble really.]

I can take some pics if you want? PM me your email address . It would help to know what you think is the going rate / what are looking to spend too.

I'm not the first owner, but it doesn't look like it's been down the road. Just the usual dings and scrapes. It is the alluminium/silver one, not the black one, if that makes any difference to you.

Yes, I got the mounting plate and bolts from ebay. Wasn't cheap as there are not too many of them about. Also in "functional" condition, IIRC (haven't taken it off for last year since I put it on the bike.)

The keying thing... best say "no" I suppose. It is a bunch of [fiddly little] key-gate/inserts I was lucky enough to be able to re-arrange to fit my key. But, I don't have the other bits. [So it is a gamble really.]

I can take some pics if you want? PM me your email address . It would help to know what you think is the going rate / what are looking to spend too.

Hi Abraxas ideally Im looking for the black “peli’ shaped Vario box plus key tumblers and baseplate. A few have come up on here recently, a really mint one went for £140. But I only decided to change the bike on Saturday!

HI Steve. No worries. 140 for a mint one is a really good price. I must have paid more than that for my one and it is not exactly mint. :)

Good luck! :thumb

That is still a pretty decent price for one in good condition, considering that Motorrad sells the kit for £350...
No worries. I should probably just buy a smaller helmet... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom