Hexezecan Fault advise please

Keith GS1200

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all im after a bit of advice ..... i fitted a Hexezcan to my 2017 lc 6 months ago with no problems , it runs my aux lights ,my inovv camera system and until today did every thing it should. I am an engineer and have gone through fuses ,connectors etc, it will work perfectly when connected to lap top but as soon as lap top is removed ... nothing, as if it is not getting a supply from battery , has anyone else had the same problems, i was wondering if there was an internal soft fuse that may require a reset, i appreciate there are soft fuses for the individual extras fitted and they all seem fine,i do not get any diagnostic messages when connected to lap top , the unit is dead with no led .i have emailed them today and await their response .

many thanks take care
Keith

Oh dear, sorry to hear this - just fitted a Denali version, so hope there is an easy explanation to be had.
Regards.
Brian

I had a similar issue with mine although not after it had worked okay like yours. Mine did it from the outset, it would seem like it would set okay on the computer but would not work on the bike. Cutting a long story short it turned out to be a broken positive wire. I would check the whole length of the two wires to your battery to see if there are any obvious signs. In the end the unit was replaced but it was a bit complicated due to the fact that I bought it online from the States but had to deal with hexezcan directly in SA.
In fact I had a huge amount of help from Ice-Tags, on this forum, even though he was not involved with my purchase initially. You could try contacting him for some advice.

UPDATE.. i have been speaking to hexezcan and explained the fault while the lap top was connected, they wish to see the receipt, and will take it from there a.. very quick response time ,discussing changing the unit .thanks for all your help i will let you know what happens.
Take care
regards
KEITH

update...New unit sent and fitted, HEX where very helpful in getting a new unit to me even though i did not purchase the unit from them , it was taking too much time to go back through the supply chain that HEX sent me a replacement F.O.C. including import costs, direct.
Thank you to the customer service team and Mornay in particular.
Take care
Keith

I had a brilliant customer service experience with Hex too, and I also had purchased elsewhere.

Duncan, one of the engineers, was excellent in diagnosing the fault then trying firmware updates to my unit, before sending a replacement unit foc.

Once I received the tracking number I started following the journey from South Africa, but the courier eventually agreed they had lost the item. Hex then sent out another unit by express delivery, with follow up emails to check delivery and emails all the way through the process to keep me updated.

Best customer service I have ever had by a long chalk, thank you Hex.

Hi Dave , i had an email from Hex and two phone calls from Fed EX to confirm the item had arrived, your post explained why the follow up calls
take care
keith

I just bought one on eBay on Tuesday 17th. It was delivered from the US this morning....! :bow

Back
Top Bottom