Rukka clothing

MAR.600

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know of any company near Glasgow that can 're waterproof my Rukka suit. I did try nikwax I thought I done it correctly, but Still getting wet at the seat area. Last effort before a new suit .
The suit is over 5 yrs old .
Cheers

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Are the trousers leaking? If they are then the Goretex is ruptured and you will struggle to get them to be waterproof again.

The other possibility is water wicking up between your jacket and trousers then running over the waistband. This used to happen on my Super Tenere due to the shape of the seat. I changed bikes and I no longer got the cold water around my bollocks thing.

Are the trousers leaking? If they are then the Goretex is ruptured and you will struggle to get them to be waterproof again.

The other possibility is water wicking up between your jacket and trousers then running over the waistband. This used to happen on my Super Tenere due to the shape of the seat. I changed bikes and I no longer got the cold water around my bollocks thing.
There are no rips or stretch marks .
When it's rains just seems to get wet at the rear buttocks when on the seat.
No puns plz

There are no rips or stretch marks .
When it's rains just seems to get wet at the rear buttocks when on the seat.
No puns plz

You can't see the goretex layer as it is behind the lining - most leaks I have had in the past have been invisible but in the gusset - this area gets stretched often as you mount & dismount the bike. You then get a wet arse or balls, depending where the leak forms.

Thanks for that I will give them a email
Don't ask you don't get .
Thanks for that.

You can't see the goretex layer as it is behind the lining - most leaks I have had in the past have been invisible but in the gusset - this area gets stretched often as you mount & dismount the bike. You then get a wet arse or balls, depending where the leak forms.
Thanks for the info

Never had Rukka gear but having had similar problem in the past I would agree with Wessie. In my case, I unpicked the stitching on the inner liner and this revealed torn waterproof membrane. Not sure if this method would work with Rukka, depends where the seams on the inner lining are....

As said, contact Gore direct first - they'll do everything to get you sorted. I had a pair of leaky Klim trousers last year and they organised for them to be shipped to Austria to be repaired, all at their expense. Repair wasn't any good, so they sent me the cost of the trouser so I can buy a new pair. After much disappointment with a few brands, ended up with some Revit Gore-Tex ones. I had to send the original ones to their office in Livingston.

If they can be repaired, then they'll more than likely go this route first before offering to refund you - If you still have your purchase receipt they should match that or give you market value for a replacement.

Let us know how you get on....

D.

Gore-Tex is guaranteed for life? send them an email.

it's worth a try but it comes down to how frequently the garment has been used as the warranty says, "This promise applies to new item purchases and lasts for the useful life of the product."

5 years of daily use would probably hit the useful life criterion. One 2 week trip a year, obviously not.

Yes, send them an email. I had my HG proshell trousers repaired a couple of years ago. They were about 6 years old at the time. Goretex couldn't have been more helpful

Yes, send them an email. I had my HG proshell trousers repaired a couple of years ago. They were about 6 years old at the time. Goretex couldn't have been more helpful
Hi guys
Contacted them replied today asking for pictures external pics and internal pics
Proof of purchase .
Then get back to myself.
Only problem I have I bought them on eBay over 5 years ago from a company in Germany no record of invoice
Don't know how I am going to get by this any thoughts ?
Cheers

Infinity Motorcycles in Glasgow have a good deal on Laminated Rukka Armascope trousers. 6 year warranty too.

Waiting for mine to be delivered now! they price matched helmet city price as well.
Infinity Motorcycles in Glasgow have a good deal on Laminated Rukka Armascope trousers. 6 year warranty too.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

HI There,
not near Glasgow
however I have used these before http://lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk
they do a postal service so may be of interest to you or even just give them a call.

Second this. Used them several times for Gortex repairs. Always pleased with the results

But also have dealt with Gortex direct when J&S did not want to help me with leaking boots. Gortex told me to buy a pair of boots of equivalent value and send them the receipt whereupon they refunded me the purchase price :)

Back
Top Bottom