Popping on the overrun?

DrAlf

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Recently rebuilt 1150 - front and back end + exhaust system but the bike has been in many many parts. Now running fine apart from it backfires on throttle off - almost every single time. Ideas as to why would be appreciated please - although secretly I quite like it:cool:

Remus Y piece and race can.

Ta:thumb

remove the cat coding plug from the fuse box (looks like a relay, should be yellow or beige or pink). see if it runs better. may use a little more fuel (my 1100 does)

did you reconnect the lambda sensor correctly?

as peter says check for intake leaks

Lack of back pressure is often worse with an aftermarket can, it's quite possible you have rebuilt your bike better than it was before the re-build, which kind of makes sense?

James

Mine seems to pop less with HIGHER octane fuel (95 vs 98).

Recently rebuilt 1150 - front and back end + exhaust system but the bike has been in many many parts. Now running fine apart from it backfires on throttle off - almost every single time. Ideas as to why would be appreciated please - although secretly I quite like it:cool:

Remus Y piece and race can.

Ta:thumb

By varying the degrees of throttle on the "throttle off" you can control any "popping" .
I can get a huge backfire on demand from my bike by delicate throttle adjustment on the overun , great for scaring old Grannies about to cross the road.

Back
Top Bottom