An interesting R9T summary and perspective

I have ordered a wilbers fully adjustable rear shock and will take the front forks into Rev's for those to have new cartridges fitted, once fitted I will advise on any improvements.

I have ordered a wilbers fully adjustable rear shock and will take the front forks into Rev's for those to have new cartridges fitted, once fitted I will advise on any improvements.

How much is that costing?

I cannot for the life of me, see where they get to 700 squids for a few valves and a bit of steel!

I tend to agree but each to their own. I am a cheapskate so am looking at replacing the front springs with Hyperpro progressive springs myself, and getting Calsport to replace the spring on the standard shock with a Hyperpro one - should be just over £200 for the lot.

PX'd my scrambler for all the same reasons as Twizzle . A lovely looking bike but too small , no protection and we had a shite summer . Got all my money back in the PX for a TE GSA so that was fine :thumby:

Sorted out the rear shock on my Scrambler by using the Wilbers 640 at circa £450 and then swapped out front springs with the Wilber progressive springs along with their recommended oil and air gap - so all done relatively cheaply ;)

Works for me and the bike is now a "keeper" but then I do also have the 1290S for more serious touring -and compared to Twizzle I am only a dwarfish 6' 3":D

You’d have thought for the price, and let’s face it, this really isn’t a cheap bike for what you get, they’d fit some decent suspension.

I’m still undecided on an Urban, but am aware that I’d need to spend some money on suspension/ new seat/ bar risers/ footpeg lowering before it would be right for me. So after all that, it’ll be knocking on for £13k (before discount), and I’m really not sure if I can justify that much for what it is.

It’s the one bike in the back of my mind I’m still really tempted by though.

Yes but why buy a new one when there are so many nearly new ones out there going for a song. My Scrambler X with Ali tank and every option box ticked should have been nearly £13k but I bought it for well under £10k with 112 miles on the clock at 6 months old and still with a full 2 years warranty ;)

Yes but why buy a new one when there are so many nearly new ones out there going for a song. My Scrambler X with Ali tank and every option box ticked should have been nearly £13k but I bought it for well under £10k with 112 miles on the clock at 6 months old and still with a full 2 years warranty ;)

Good point. It would have to be under £10k for me to bite the bullet, and even then I’d need to give it some serious thought.

Good point. It would have to be under £10k for me to bite the bullet, and even then I’d need to give it some serious thought.

No good with your back Slutty...up for sale in three months.

Fitted the Sargent seat on Saturday and rode 150 miles to the Green Welly, at Tyndrum, non-stop and then another 70 miles to Irvine. Nice and comfortable and I wouldn't have been able to do that distance comfortably on the original seat. The rear suspension is still a bit harsh for my 80kg weight. How much would a Nitron unit cost me I wonder?

If i remember my Nitron was around £450

This seat, combined with the Nitron rear suspension unit, is far superior:

Which one did you have first khulu; it looks like 2 of the same kind of bike doing the same kind of thing:beerjug:

Which one did you have first khulu; it looks like 2 of the same kind of bike doing the same kind of thing:beerjug:

You're right, they're similar in that respect. I got the R Nine T first and I've always fancied a Monster (I rode one when they first came out and it was a hoot). The Monster came with the Nitron rear suspension so I've got a great comparison between the two and the R Nine T is so inferior in that department but a blast never the less. The Monster just sounds so Ducati! You can definitely ride faster with the Ducati than the R Nine T (but it's got a smaller tank).

I’ve had my 9t almost two years now. I couldn’t stand the original shock so I changed it for wilburs rear and front internals along with the steering thingy for good measure. It transformed it and I love the handling. I also had it hilltopped with Remus pipes and it goes a treat. I also have an rs se which is great for longer journeys, but I prefer the handling on the 9t. I think it’s a keeper. I have said that before, which is probably why I’ve had my Laverda for 40 years!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well they’ve given me a turban whilst they change all the rattley bits in the engine on my GS LC

When I first got on it at Saint Etienne I wasn’t much impressed, a bit small, bars seemed strangely low and you are leant forward on your wrists. Engine chugs a bit at tick over and the clutch and gearbox felt a bit agricultural

By the time I got home an hour later I had a big silly grin on my face. :D

It sounds great, the engine is strong everywhere, the handling is good despite the rear being a bit harsh and the faux knobblies

The low bars make sense once you start giving it the berries,

I wouldn’t go touring on it but for the fun factor the turban is a complete hooligan ! I like it :thumb2

Shock Factory M Shock

I put a Shock Factory 'M Shock' on my Pure, £345 from Winding Roads and the difference is like night and day.

I have just come back from a 1000 mile long weekend around France, Germany and Belgium and I was pleasantly surprised as to how plush it is. I will get the Andreani fork cartridges to sort the front end out at some time.

Back
Top Bottom