1050 (95bhp) - how restricted / remap?

xantamisch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi - a friend has one of these. Anyone had one remapped ? What difference did it make?

Anyone know hiw ktm restricted it? I think it is more than just the mapping

Thanks

I asked around and did some research when looking for one as a cheapo second bike, nobody seems to have completely uncorked one, I had seen stuff where folks had managed to get another 10 BHP or so, but the curve still looked subdued up top, then again 10% or so extra is better than nothing.

With the 1090's down at £10k new and a good choice of used ones at under £8k it would probably be better putting the dosh towards a 1090 and having a full 125BHP (and a newer bike)

With the 1090's down at £10k new and a good choice of used ones at under £8k it would probably be better putting the dosh towards a 1090 and having a full 125BHP (and a newer bike)

And then consider spending a couple of hundred quid at Hilltop getting making it even better ..

ermm he's already bought it
:blast

I tend to do my research pre purchase :thumb

The "best" one I saw was a place up North but they wanted £500 for the remap, and with tidy 2-3 year old 1050's being advertised at £6500 and me finding a mint low mile 1 year old 1090 at £7500 I abandoned the idea of a 1050 and bought the 1090 instead.

I think they dragged another 10 BHP out of it, which I am sure would feel like a good improvement, probably worth it seeing as the bike has now been purchased.

PM Twizzle on here - he looked into what was involved when he had his 1050 - there’s a lot more to it that you might expect.

Andres

Certainly is.... different cams, and map...ECU and Throttle bodies are the same as the 1090, but cams are a different part number... ... and the map is different...

Even if you fit the cams, you cannot access the 1090 map as KTM won’t let you have it...apart from that the engines are identical, bore /stroke/ capacity etc....

The trouble with the 1050 is it spins up quick and then flatlines - I had a few overtakes where this caused me a problem as it just runs out of puff.... just at the wrong time....

I was frustrated by it... so sold it...

Back
Top Bottom