Rough running R1200GSA following service

jefformston

Reaction score
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction, serviced my R1200GSA (2012) Hexhead yesterday all went well, syc'd the throttle bodies (no adjustment needed) ran though a full diagnostic with a GS 911 engine running well. Changed the air filter which involves lifting the petrol tank put it all back together.

Needed to give it a short ride this morning to warm up the oil prior to changing and it's now running very rough, won't tick over and sounds like only running on one cylinder. I've removed the body work again and lifted the tank and can't see any cables unseated, or electric connections undone and now I'm stumped, still the same running rough and won't tick over.

It would be a big coincidence if one of the coils or plugs has packed & as I hadn't yet changed the plugs it's not something I would have disturbed

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

Also add I've so far removed the right hand side plugs, main one looks ok the lower secondary one was black & oily looking, both have now been changed, not checked the left yet.

Sounds the same as mine... turned out to be a broken wire on a lamber sensor..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Throttle position sensor ?

Try a TPS reset procedure.

TPS ouput can be checked as an analog sensor output using GS911, should show 0-100% as throttle is operated without engine running.

Problem found, the usual and first thing checked, throttle cable not seated correctly. I’d checked it earlier and it looked ok, but have now unseated it and then seated it again and issue resolved

Just changed my air filter and did not have to lift the tank? 2010 gsa. There is a groove on the bottom of the intake snorkel that the cable is supposed to sit in, any other position alters the cable pull and therefore the balance.

Back
Top Bottom