Quickshifer problems....

Nutty

Reaction score
I have none :D

Clutch to engage 1st then all the way up to 6th and back down to 1st, all without the clutch.

After seeing 4 pages in the LC section, I’m feeling rather smug! :JB

I don't have a problem on my GS either. You only need a quick shifter if you don't know how to ride.

Are quickshifters for those who are unable to shift through gears using their sensory perceptions?

Are they simply for lazy bastards?

Are they for those who are hard of thought?

Are they for those who have a disability?

Are they for those who don`t really get bikes and how they work and really should be riding automatics?

Are quickshifters for those who are unable to shift through gears using their sensory perceptions?

Are they simply for lazy bastards?

Are they for those who are hard of thought?

Are they for those who have a disability?

Are they for those who don`t really get bikes and how they work and really should be riding automatics?

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

Wanna have a go on mine?:D

I love quick shifter/blipper debates. Nothing wrong with a clutch. Been using one for many years. But give me a choice of two identical bikes, one with one without blipshift, I know which one I'd pick every time.

Best to stop the 'what ya really want is an sutomatic mate' comments as they just make you look stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love quick shifter/blipper debates. Nothing wrong with a clutch. Been using one for many years. But give me a choice of two identical bikes, one with one without blipshift, I know which one I'd pick every time.

Best to stop the 'what ya really want is an sutomatic mate' comments as they just make you look stupid.

Those comments don’t come from experience with quickshifters, so it’s best to just humour them :comfort:D

Those comments don’t come from experience with quickshifters, so it’s best to just humour them :comfort:D

Agreed. Newfangled technology! Some find it weird to use after years without, I get that. But some of us embrace this stuff like a duck't'aqua.

This is the KTM forum, not the Honda one :p

Just a good find from last ride re up-shifting. I've discovered that if I give a little more throttle (and then roll back off again obviously) as I change up the op is much smoother. It's easy to get right and feels surprisingly natural.

I guess this is mostly because the chain/drive is under a little more load. Works for me.

Down-shifts need zero throttle and the drive to be loaded...i.e no good trying to go from 4th-3rd at 15mph or you'll get a nice clonk. GSA is the same.

quickshifters, blipers are brilliant if they work, KTM and ducati's work seamlessly unlike the GS which is absolutely shite

Back
Top Bottom