Shoei Neotec 2 - Scalp Pressure Causing Headaches

I would maybe try and sell the helmet on here and buy the large.
I know you will take a hit but maybe hit the dealer up for a discount on the new one.

There is no point keeping a helmet that's causing you so much discomfort.

Terrible situation to find yourself in.

Sent from a U11

Agree totally. So easy to think you have the correct size in the shop, to find you can't live with it for hours on end.

Bought a Schuberth C3 few weeks ago, I tried several lids side by side & decided the C3 was the best fit. On bike Its OK (no more than) & after an hour or so I'm planning to stop to take it off. Undertook a longer trip (3 days) last week & took my old helmet instead. 8 hour days, no problem & I haven't worn the C3 since.

I guess I'll take a hit & sell the C3, rather than persevering & hoping I'll get used to the C3

Best
Andrew

I had to change the cheekpads in my Neotec 2 as the originals caused severe earache in my right ear. Much better now.

Are the skull pads available in a smaller size for you?

D.

I had to change the cheekpads in my Neotec 2 as the originals caused severe earache in my right ear. Much better now.

Are the skull pads available in a smaller size for you?

D.

Spares for this helmet is next to zero at the moment. as you might know there are no tinted visors yet and no centre pads either. Not looked for cheek pads as ?I don't need them but I would guess they are not available either.

What a terrible situation to be in.

I would maybe try and sell the helmet on here and buy the large.
I know you will take a hit but maybe hit the dealer up for a discount on the new one.

There is no point keeping a helmet that's causing you so much discomfort.

Terrible situation to find yourself in.

Sent from a U11

Thing is because I'm in between helmet sizes at least around my forehead the large will be too sloppy and would probably require me having to buy addition thicker internal pads cheek or centre or both. Surely buying a thinner centrepad on my helmet is the same as needing to buy a thicker centre pad on a large?

Thing is because I'm in between helmet sizes at least around my forehead the large will be too sloppy and would probably require me having to buy addition thicker internal pads cheek or centre or both. Surely buying a thinner centrepad on my helmet is the same as needing to buy a thicker centre pad on a large?
No......not if the actual shell of the helmet (shell & EPS) is just too small for your head. It won't matter what liners are in it.
I'm not claiming to be an expert, it's just the way it makes sense to me.

Sent from a U11

Spares for this helmet is next to zero at the moment. as you might know there are no tinted visors yet and no centre pads either. Not looked for cheek pads as ?I don't need them but I would guess they are not available either.

What a terrible situation to be in.

Don't know what you mean, but the pads, both cheek and centre are readily available from the likes of Helmet City, Visor Shop etc....

https://www.thevisorshop.com/en/gb/...6YbWlmO_Sy37UzEv_ev7h5elYM5-utLBoC6wQQAvD_BwE

Tinted visors in stock at the end of the month as well.

D.

Don't know what you mean, but the pads, both cheek and centre are readily available from the likes of Helmet City, Visor Shop etc....

https://www.thevisorshop.com/en/gb/...6YbWlmO_Sy37UzEv_ev7h5elYM5-utLBoC6wQQAvD_BwE

Tinted visors in stock at the end of the month as well.

D.

Yeah it looks like you can buy them from these websites but no one has any stock. They order direct from Shoei but Shoei have no stock - at least the centre pads. I bought from that website you linked up but they had to refund me cause they couldn’t not supply the item. I told them their advertising of them being in stock is misleading but they did not change their website.

If they change them so much it makes buying really risky!

I've bought mine now and do not intend buying another. These are not cheap helmets.

If the sales advisor suggested the size you have, and it's to small, down to them to swap it surely.

If the sales advisor suggested the size you have, and it's to small, down to them to swap it surely.

As he demonstrated with the Large on my head, my head moved left to right more and he could get his finger between my forehead and the helmet. Not so with the medium. Plus I bought online because the shop refused to give me any discount despite them saying they price match online - not so with lidsdirect. They refused.

Yeah it looks like you can buy them from these websites but no one has any stock. They order direct from Shoei but Shoei have no stock - at least the centre pads. I bought from that website you linked up but they had to refund me cause they couldn’t not supply the item. I told them their advertising of them being in stock is misleading but they did not change their website.

Gotcha!

Well Motolegends did eventually send me a replacement even though I asked for a refund. That’s not a problem though and this time it was the right one. I’ve fitted it to the helmet and tried it on but I broke my fibula leg bone in the mean time and now am home immobilised so I cannot test this for a number of weeks.

At 58.5 inches.......you are at the outer limits of the medium and almost into the 59-60 large.
I reckon whomever fitted you for and sold you the helmet....made a mistake.

Sent from a U11

I was going to make the cheekpad suggestion until I realised you are trying to fit a gallon into a (medium) pint pot!
Seriously, hope the leg gets sorted soon - no reason why you couldn`t wear the helmet round the house for a week or two.
And you don`t really need legs on the bike once you are moving............

Last edited:
Story I heard from a fellow club member a couple of years ago.
He tried on a C3 Pro in a shop and it was the perfect fit. Said he wanted to buy it so the salesman took it into the back room to find the box. Salesman comes back with the helmet now in the box. Sale completed. For various reasons he did not go out on a bike for more than a week. When he did the helmet was uncomfortable and did not appear to feel like the one he tried on in the shop. He suspected that the salesman had just taken another boxed helmet off the shelf in the back room rather than bother looking for the box for the helmet he tried on.
When he took the helmet back they refused to change it because he had worn it.

Tom

Story I heard from a fellow club member a couple of years ago.
He tried on a C3 Pro in a shop and it was the perfect fit. Said he wanted to buy it so the salesman took it into the back room to find the box. Salesman comes back with the helmet now in the box. Sale completed. For various reasons he did not go out on a bike for more than a week. When he did the helmet was uncomfortable and did not appear to feel like the one he tried on in the shop. He suspected that the salesman had just taken another boxed helmet off the shelf in the back room rather than bother looking for the box for the helmet he tried on.
When he took the helmet back they refused to change it because he had worn it.

Tom
I can see both sides of this problem. Shop cannot sell used helmet but you cannot wear a helmet that doesn't fit well. I don't know what the answer is? Refurbish with all new inners and sell as "refurbished"? Can't see it happening but the customer always seems to take the risk.

I was told by more than one shop that shoei will allow inners to be swapped in the shop before purchase but not after the sale. In my case I contacted shoei about my experiences and basically they told me there was nothing they could do. I don't feel that's right considering how much these helmets cost. I had to spend a further £44 to change the inner. Still not sure if it's right fit yet on longer runs.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well I'm still laid up with a broken leg but the other day I decided to wear my Shoei for an hour to see if my headaches returned. Well they did despite swapping with a thinner head liner. So I now have to sell my new Shoei Netec 2 as I cannot live with this.

Broken leg!

My motorsport hero is Tazio Novolari. Check him out.

One episode in his life from

http://www.grandprixhistory.org/nuvo_bio.htm

“Tazio Nuvolari legend in his own lifetime, was known as Il Montavano Volante, the Flying Mantuan. He epitomized courage and daring and for 30 years he amazed the racing world with his exploits on both two and four wheels. He was born November 18, 1892, in Casteldrio near Mantua. His uncle Giuseppe was a Bianchi dealer and introduced his nephew to motor sports. After serving in the Italian Army as a driver he started racing motorcycles seriously when he was 28. He raced Nortons, Saroleas, Garellis, Fongris and Indians. His riding was noticed by the powerful Bianchi team and he became a member and eventually Italian champion. At the Monza Grand Prix for motorcycles he crashed during practice. La Gazzetta dello SportThis resulted in two broken legs. After doctors put plaster casts on both legs he was told that it would be at least one month before he could walk again let alone race motorcycles. The next day he started the race having himself tied to his bike. He required his mechanics to hold him upright at the start of the race and to catch him at the end. The legend of Tazio Nuvolari began that day when he won the race.”

Tom

Back
Top Bottom