MyRide/Freecom 4 - how do I get audio?

stolzy

Reaction score
Phone is paired to the dash, Freecom is paired to the dash. I can start/pause music on the phone from the dash and the dash shows the track title, but there is no music in the headset. The headset works because pressing the volume buttons pings in the helmet.

An ideas?

Stupid one, but this caught me out.

Check that the phone output volume is up - on my iPhone it occasionally turns itself down to zero when it pairs with the bike!

No, that's not it. If I pair the phone to the headset I get music, but not if I go via the LC8 dash.

New problem is that the Freecom can't connect to the iPhone app.

Whole thing seems a bit flakey to me.

Whole thing seems a bit flakey to me.

If it makes you feel any better I find the connectivity between the Garmin 345 and headset / phone almost as flakey, it kind of works as and when it feels like it, whereas phone directly to headset works flawlessly.

If it makes you feel any better I find the connectivity between the Garmin 345 and headset / phone almost as flakey, it kind of works as and when it feels like it, whereas phone directly to headset works flawlessly.
Only a little bit.

I'm at the dealers on Friday, but I know in advance that they will have no clue at all.

Reading this makes me glad I don't have all that fucking pointless crap on my 1190.

Just enjoy riding the bike?

Only a little bit.

I'm at the dealers on Friday, but I know in advance that they will have no clue at all.
They did indeed have no clue at all. I don't think they even knew you could connect a phone to the dash.

Having given up on Laguna Ashford, I contacted KTM direct.

Turns out that there are only 4 headsets that are compatible with the KTM dash.

Needless to say the Freecom 4 is not one of them.:blast

I thought Bluetooth was a universal standard?

It doesn't seem to work that in some cases though.

Having given up on Laguna Ashford, I contacted KTM direct.

Turns out that there are only 4 headsets that are compatible with the KTM dash.

Needless to say the Freecom 4 is not one of them.:blast

what are the 4 headsets that are ..please
cheers

what are the 4 headsets that are ..please
cheers

Cardo SRC V1.1
Cardo Scala Rider Qz
Cardo PACKTALK
Sena SHM5

Would have been useful to know before I bought the Freecom.

I've asked KTM where the list was published, but they don't seem to know.

Cardo SRC V1.1
Cardo Scala Rider Qz
Cardo PACKTALK
Sena SHM5

Would have been useful to know before I bought the Freecom.

I've asked KTM where the list was published, but they don't seem to know.

So that’s why my Interphone doesn’t connect then :blast

My interphone tour works fine. Music, phone satnav throught to helmet speakers no issues. Did have to do a firmware update on the interphone though as it wouldn't work initially>

My interphone tour works fine. Music, phone satnav throught to helmet speakers no issues. Did have to do a firmware update on the interphone though as it wouldn't work initially>

I've not tried a firmware update. Shall try that next. :thumb

New firmware just released to do exactly that and allow the use of 3rd party connections such as KTM and BMW.

I thought Bluetooth was a universal standard?

It doesn't seem to work that in some cases though.

Universal standard interpreted differently by every manufacturer it would seem.

Got my Zumo working most of the time with my Interphone / Galaxy J5, just have to sometimes turn headset off / on again, other times disable and re-enable the Garmin BT, if the music stops playing (but I can still start / stop / change tracks) then I have to select phone, dial a number, hang up - and then the music sound comes back.

Microsoft mastered the art of selling software that does not work at first, it just seems everyone else is now following the same pattern of advertising / selling something that plainly is not fit for purpose and then promising to fix it in an update.

We get next years technology this year, but it probably still wont be fixed until at least the year after next, by which time it will be obsolete and unsupported and you have to buy the new one that has even more bugs.

Software updated on the Interphone, and all is working as it should. Only took 15 months to get it all working! :blast

Tell me about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New firmware just released to do exactly that and allow the use of 3rd party connections such as KTM and BMW.
Anybody managed to do this with a Freecom 4?

Mine goes through the motions, but ends with "Firmware Upgrade Failed" Error #D02" then "No device detected Error #D02" and the browser window is locked.

A permanent red light stays on the device and no amount of switching on and off will turn it off.

I have two devices and updates to both fail in the same way.

All seems a bit flakey to me.

I think this link (to Cardo customer support) tells us all we need to know):blast

Back
Top Bottom