Heidenau K60 scout pressures

ShakeyBMW

S K P
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I recently put a pair of these on my bike for our Alaskan trip with Sgt Bilco (recommended by skygod). I appreciate thst 400 miles of motorway isn’t their forte but I note a central groove wesring in the rear tyre already. I have these at a slightly higher pressure than I would normally run ( normally 36f 42r). I can’t remember where I got the pressures from but what would the illuminati suggest?

I would suggest the wear on the tyre is telling you the pressure is too high.

Manufacturers tyre pressures are a compromise, as we all are different weights and the loads we carry on the bikes vary, but starting from the manufacturers recommendation is always the best starting point and then vary slightly from there. As your tyre is wearing in the middle more than you expected, then the pressure is too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently put a pair of these on my bike for our Alaskan trip with Sgt Bilco (recommended by skygod). I appreciate thst 400 miles of motorway isn’t their forte but I note a central groove wesring in the rear tyre already. I have these at a slightly higher pressure than I would normally run ( normally 36f 42r). I can’t remember where I got the pressures from but what would the illuminati suggest?

I run 36f /41r on my 1150 and got that off the Heidenau site.

I’ve gone down to 35 and 40 and it’s a big improvement. Never thought to look at the heidenau website :blast

I wonder where I got the silly high numbers from?!

Back
Top Bottom