Yellow SOS warning

theop

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

I suddenly got a yellow SoS warning today alongside an amber triangle light for a few moments around 2hrs into a journey running the bike in. I checked all vitals through dashboard and nav5 dashboard, all looked ok and just ignored it. 2 minutes later it disappeared never to be seen again. I m far from home at the moment so the instruction booklet is not available.

Any clues or ideas anyone?

Best
Theo

Just to add having browsed through an online version of the manual, it is. It mentioned anywhere...

Last edited:
If it is a new R1200RT then refer to page 43 and 44 of your manual where it discusses Emergency calls and Emergency call faults.
I'd post an image from the manual, but I don't know how to attach pdf's or JPG's.

I’ve had that on mine a couple of times. (2018 GSA Rallye) it takes up pretty much the whole of the TFT screen doesn’t it !!
Stopped by at my dealer last week to report it, and they said that it’s like a mobile phone....when you go through certain areas where there is poor / no signal, it drops the connection and that error message flashes up. When you ‘get back in range’ it goes back to norm.

“Nothing to worry about” was the message....unless of course it stays on, keeps coming on. Hope that helps.

Hi all,

I suddenly got a yellow SoS warning today alongside an amber triangle light for a few moments around 2hrs into a journey running the bike in. I checked all vitals through dashboard and nav5 dashboard, all looked ok and just ignored it. 2 minutes later it disappeared never to be seen again. I m far from home at the moment so the instruction booklet is not available.

Any clues or ideas anyone?

Best
Theo

Just to add having browsed through an online version of the manual, it is. It mentioned anywhere...

If there is no mobile signal you should get the large SOS with a strike through it to signify no signal.

No I am away from home till Friday... But I reckon it’s signal related indeed.. it happened again and I stopped to check my phone, which also had no signal...

Back
Top Bottom