Spanish Speeding Ticket when arrived home

Sideshow Bob

Reaction score
Hi I have been reading the other post about speed camera alerts with interest
Then bugger me, Just got back from my recent jaunt around Spain and there was a letter waiting me from the Spanish authorities
I got caught in Asturias doing 117 KPh in an 80 KPh area

The bill says €300 but if I pay within 20 days of receipt of the letter it will be €150

Although I would like to chance it and not pay - I go to Spain every year on the bike and I assume if I got a roadside check or anything similar I would be in trouble?

Any thoughts?

Personally, I’d pay up. I imagine you were over the limit most times you rode and got caught once. 150euros will be small change in comparison to either stopping your Spanish jaunts or facing the consequence of getting stopped in the future.

Hi I have been reading the other post about speed camera alerts with interest
Then bugger me, Just got back from my recent jaunt around Spain and there was a letter waiting me from the Spanish authorities
I got caught in Asturias doing 117 KPh in an 80 KPh area

The bill says €300 but if I pay within 20 days of receipt of the letter it will be €150

Although I would like to chance it and not pay - I go to Spain every year on the bike and I assume if I got a roadside check or anything similar I would be in trouble?

Any thoughts?

It's a small fine so just treat it as an unexpected holiday expense . A toll fee for using their fabulous roads and enjoying them free of the shackles of speed limits . :thumb

Last time I was caught speeding on the continent it's was on the way back from Garmisch and it was an on the spot 350 euro fine , and that was way back in 2006.

It's a small fine so just treat it as an unexpected holiday expense . A toll fee for using their fabulous roads and enjoying them free of the shackles of speed limits . :thumb

Last time I was caught speeding on the continent it's was on the way back from Garmisch and it was an on the spot 350 euro fine , and that was way back in 2006.

Yep, if you want to go to Spain again I’d pay it

My best so far is 345 euros in Iceland, they have a 90 km/h limit everywhere and forward facing cameras in cop cars :blast

You can also be rock hard and not pay it, like some will say bla bla bla, brexit this brexit that, then you will be paying thousands more and have the bike impounded on your next trip if stopped, check it is legit, then pay quickly.

Funny thing is you feel better about it because they offer a 50% discount. Who doesn’t like a bargain :D

at least you don't get your licence endorsed

It's not as if you were just a tad over the limit is it? Best to cough up and think of all the times you got away with it.

Thanks Chaps
My thoughts exactly, just wanted to check with the knowledge pool on here
Funny thing is that it happened on the first day pootling from Bilbao to Ribadesella, after that we had loads of fun particularly from Potes to Zamora and Cuenca to Siguenza, but the best road was Siguenza to Logrono ��

For peoples reference it was on the A-8-P at KLM: 144.4 so I hadn’t been off the boat long as it was 13.39h

It it's the same as France it's just a computer that you are dealing with, so if you pay up on time the computer is happy and that's as far as it goes - just gets forgotten - otherwise is will go on and on and you will probably get a summons issued by a "person"

It it's the same as France it's just a computer that you are dealing with, so if you pay up on time the computer is happy and that's as far as it goes - just gets forgotten - otherwise is will go on and on and you will probably get a summons issued by a "person"

You can pay French fines on line quick and easy, I guess Spain is the same

You can pay French fines on line quick and easy, I guess Spain is the same

Yes, quite straight forward to pay a Spanish fine online. However, I don’t think the website caters for multiple languages.

Yes, quite straight forward to pay a Spanish fine online. However, I don’t think the website caters for multiple languages.

Just paid and it was simple, all in English, even the letter
Ah well as a few have pointed out €150 for the best roads I have experienced isn’t the end of the world 👍

This is a bit of a worry. The only time I think I may have been excessive through speed cameras was on that road heading into Bilbao for the ferry home. The limit seemed to keep changing from 90 to 80, back to 100, every few hundred yards and I was busy looking for signs to port, checking sat nav etc etc. That said, I don;t think I was up at the dizzy eights of 144km/h.

What was the delay between triggering the camera and receiving the ticket please?

@bob, how long did the ticket take to find your home?

Been abusing the roads in same area and I do know that the two in front of me got the lightning flash at one point- I may have slowed enough not to attract the same .

Had an Italian ticket that took from May to the following February to find me - paid that one ......

Intersting

I have friends who live and work in spain -

They do not pay parking fines or speeding tickets - as they are like confetti issued daily ;)

are we doing the " it must be me cos they sent it - shit i'll have to pay... "

Bear in mind we dont chase any overseas drivers/ riders as our points & prizes system is inconpatible with there system

... but lo and behold there sytem is compatible with ours ??

Back
Top Bottom