Cuenca- Soria-Santander

cornish

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys, following on from the Cuenca post, (thanks) I am heading up on Monday from below Granada to Cuenca, to catch the ferry on weds eve. Just wondering if any one knows the best route from Cuenca to the junction of the N111, just N.E. Of siguenza? There are a few options, and, whilst I don’t want a goat track I would like an interesting road since I have plenty of time to get to Soria.
After that, any thoughts on soria- Santander? Via Burgos or Logrono? This area is new to me so I’d appreciate any pointers. Cheers all.

Hi guys, following on from the Cuenca post, (thanks) I am heading up on Monday from below Granada to Cuenca, to catch the ferry on weds eve. Just wondering if any one knows the best route from Cuenca to the junction of the N111, just N.E. Of siguenza? There are a few options, and, whilst I don’t want a goat track I would like an interesting road since I have plenty of time to get to Soria.
After that, any thoughts on soria- Santander? Via Burgos or Logrono? This area is new to me so I’d appreciate any pointers. Cheers all.

Cant help on how to get from Cuenca to Siguenza, but from Siguenza go via Soria and Logrono. The road between those two, the N-111, is fantastic. Don’t take the tunnel ( if it’s even open) take the pass.

Here's the route we used from Logrono to Cuenca.
It's the wrong way round for you but you'll get the drift.

<iframe style="border:none;overflow:hidden" width="600" height="286" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="https://www.myrouteapp.com/embed/route/745728?lang=en"></iframe>

This is a delightful 145mile ride from the Logrono area to Santander - quiet roads, gorges and mountain hairpins. the GPX track is too big to post as an attachment here but if you pm me an email address I will send it to you

Attachments

• AF476812-312F-4C55-A532-197A06DA77E4.jpg
    AF476812-312F-4C55-A532-197A06DA77E4.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 260
Here's the route we used from Logrono to Cuenca.
It's the wrong way round for you but you'll get the drift.

<iframe style="border:none;overflow:hidden" width="600" height="286" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="https://www.myrouteapp.com/embed/route/745728?lang=en"></iframe>

Thanks Tim, that first part will do me for leaving Cuenca. Peeps seem to favour the Logrono route, so not having done it i’ll Give it a go.

This is a delightful 145mile ride from the Logrono area to Santander - quiet roads, gorges and mountain hairpins. the GPX track is too big to post as an attachment here but if you pm me an email address I will send it to you

Hi Kritou, I’ve p.md you. Cheers.

Cuenca - Griegos - Checa - Molina de Aragón - Darroca - Calatayud - Soria

Regs

Simon

Sorry, just seen this. Skip Cuenca altogether. It's a nice-ish city but......

Sinarcas (N330) Landete (CM215) Cañete (past Tragacete) (CM2106/2111) Molina de Aragon - Soria from there. There is a nice hotel in Molina called Hotel Palacio de los Molina. 12th century building.

That road up the east of Cuenca is a joy because it's empty, wide sweeping bends, fast as you like and very unlikely to have cameras or drones because it's not very used. Plenty of places to stop, including nacimiento (birth/spring) del Rio Cuervo. Fuel up in tragacet, though because there is a looooooong stretch without any fuel stops.

Sinarcas (N330) Landete (CM215) Cañete (past Tragacete) (CM2106/2111) Molina de Aragon - Soria from there. There is a nice hotel in Molina called Hotel Palacio de los Molina. 12th century building.

That road up the east of Cuenca is a joy because it's empty, wide sweeping bends, fast as you like and very unlikely to have cameras or drones because it's not very used. Plenty of places to stop, including nacimiento (birth/spring) del Rio Cuervo. Fuel up in tragacet, though because there is a looooooong stretch without any fuel stops.

I'm told by friends in Madrid that Molina de Aragon is a favourite place to run off to for a dirty weekend! :)

But a better route is to divert via Frias de Albarracín which takes you as the source of the Tagus - Tajo in Spanish Fred! - which is also right by the side of the road rather than down quite a long lane ...

Regs

Simon

Sadly a few hours too late. I was trying to post from Cuenca the night before last, because I had trouble finding some of the places Simon suggested, but I had hardly any Wi-fi and I’d lost my map?! So I went the route that Tim s suggested earlier. It was great for the first part but some where near siguenca I ended up on a motorway which I thought was only for a short while but took me all the way to Soria, with hours to spare! Tedious but there we are, or rather I am. I’m heading up to Logrono now and then attempt to find some roads to the ferry. I really like this area though and will be giving a lot more thought ( before I set off hopefully) as to which of the smaller roads to take. Thanks all for your input. Viva España!

Back
Top Bottom