Lowered Wilbers fitted and rear end squeak

Bungy

Reaction score
I collected and fitted a -30mm set of Wilber's for my GSA at the weekend and have since then developed a squeak. Really difficult to zero in on the exact area but only as I load up the shock on compression and not on rebound. I have done a search and read a few articles. I have the following as suspects...

1. Lower bush on rear shock needs stripping and lubricating.
2. Paralever bearings need greasing.

As the bike is now sat 30 mm lower would the paralever bearings be a possible suspect or would common sense see the rear shock removed and bearing greased?

The shocks are second hand and visually in good condition.

I collected and fitted a -30mm set of Wilber's for my GSA at the weekend and have since then developed a squeak. Really difficult to zero in on the exact area but only as I load up the shock on compression and not on rebound. I have done a search and read a few articles. I have the following as suspects...

1. Lower bush on rear shock needs stripping and lubricating.
2. Paralever bearings need greasing.

As the bike is now sat 30 mm lower would the paralever bearings be a possible suspect or would common sense see the rear shock removed and bearing greased?

The shocks are second hand and visually in good condition.

I had the same, it was the lower shock bearing (£12 from Revs)
Initially I thought it was the Paralever bearings too, mechanic at Rainbow confirmed it was the lower shock bearing

I had a very supportive chat with John from Revs. He talked me through the possible causes and as such I now have some spares in the post this afternoon. Very helpful and gave me ideas for what to check before committing to buy anything but in all honesty it was worth the small outlay to correct what I find.
I also found out that during the winter they are less busy and so a perfect time for a refurb as and when they need it.

Well after some advice I’ve stripped the lower bearing with a new set in the post. It was all very dry and notchy so definitely worth changing. Time will tell if that was my squeak or not.
5ed5214855050f51923df7b6a0e6e39d.jpg

2 spacers look past their best and the bearing is definitely shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom