Software updates latest for Lc

een705

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Would it be worth paying for the latest software update? My bike is a 2013 r1200gs lc seems to run okay with no real issues my mate says he had his done and it seems smoother than before hes was a 2014 model. I think he meant the July 2017 update

Do you have to pay for software updates? Surely they're part of a service?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If you pay then you are in a pirate shop.

All updates for bikes are usually free.
Maybe because of warranty?

I don't think so.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I service my own due to price and how easy it is. Maybe I will ring and find out how much a service at 30 000 miles is and mention an update to latest software.

How about having it Hilltopped instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't pay for the update itself but you should pay for the shops times to implement it. I recently updated a 2013 model that had never been updated to the latest software and it took around 20 mins all up. The shop will want to test ride it etc too I imagine.

My bike is a 2016 and I noticed the quickshift from 2nd to 3rd was a little smoother but that's pretty much it.

K001-18-07-500 is the latest and came out recently.

I do all my services myself as well, so my -15 GSA had never been updated.

However, as the bike was in for the fork-job, my dealer updated all software to the latest as of 05/18.

The only thing I noticed was the engine management.

The bike is equipped with my homemade O2 manipulator, and as I drove away, the engine ran a bit rough for a few 100 meters (could also simply bee that all adaptions were reset) before it started to setle. Now, a few months later, the fuel consumption has been reduced by 5%.

Others report that the newest software also makes the engine run smoother and behaves more gentle, but since mine is manipulated I can not say which is doing what. The engine was smooth before, and still is. For my style of driving it seemed like the engine needed 2-3K km to fully adapt after the adaption reset.

I rang main dealer who will change brake fluid and reload software for £60 which I think is a really good price. He also told me the latest software is for the latest bikes and is dependant on vin number. What to you people think?

I rang main dealer who will change brake fluid and reload software for £60 which I think is a really good price. He also told me the latest software is for the latest bikes and is dependant on vin number. What to you people think?

That's not true, it's a K001 chassis bike like many of the newer models. The dealer software ISTA+ will determine which ECU's to program.

My bike is a -15, and the software is dated -18.

The only "issue" in my case is that now there is a permanent faultcode for lack of signal from the lean.angle sensors for cornering ABS. I do nat have cornering ABS on the 15, and it is not possible to retrofit without changing cable harness = Not can do.

Anyway, the fault code is only visible when checking for faults by GS-911. No warning in instrument panel and ABS is not affected, as confirmed by the dealer.

Given that the update cost me nothing I could not have been happier :clap

My bike is a -15, and the software is dated -18.

The only "issue" in my case is that now there is a permanent faultcode for lack of signal from the lean.angle sensors for cornering ABS. I do nat have cornering ABS on the 15, and it is not possible to retrofit without changing cable harness = Not can do.

Anyway, the fault code is only visible when checking for faults by GS-911. No warning in instrument panel and ABS is not affected, as confirmed by the dealer.

Given that the update cost me nothing I could not have been happier :clap

That's odd because your ABS module should not be encoded for ABS Pro...unless you have been playing with it :)

That's odd because your ABS module should not be encoded for ABS Pro...unless you have been playing with it :)

No, I have not been playing with it.

Guess the software is the same for all the bikes, and then the software detects if there are lean sensors or not, and acts accordingly.

No, I have not been playing with it.

Guess the software is the same for all the bikes, and then the software detects if there are lean sensors or not, and acts accordingly.

Software is the same but the ECU would be encoded for the different options. I’ve seen older bikes with no lean angle sensors with no errors, not sure why yours is different

Software is the same but the ECU would be encoded for the different options. I’ve seen older bikes with no lean angle sensors with no errors, not sure why yours is different

Beats me.

Software is dated 5/18.

Got my bike bike today after taking a brand new GSA out for a couple of hours and to be honest cant tell any difference up to my bike. How do I know what software is in my bike...anything in menu?

Back
Top Bottom