Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Know a Black Forest hotel - eastern side?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    Anything advertised as “biker friendly” is a definite no no for us. I couldn’t think of anything worse.

Too far south for us, as we need to be halfway up, or near the top of the forest on Wednesday night.
    I think the forest runs out soon after Buhl if you're heading north.

Are we talking about the same forest? :-)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperyeel View Post
    I'm heading down there on Wednesday also. You going from blighty or already there?

I found a place about 2k east of Buhl. So basically Buhl! But convenient for my onward journey south.
    You are determined not to tell us the hotel’s name.

We’ll be doing the BF on Wednesday, so if anyone has any other accommodation tips, let me know ... we need to be halfway up, or near the top of the forest on Wednesday night.
    Hotel Bareiss, will tick all the boxes.

72270 Baiersbronn-Mitteltal

Anything advertised as “biker friendly” is a definite no no for us. I couldn’t think of anything worse.

Too far south for us, as we need to be halfway up, or near the top of the forest on Wednesday night.
    Ah yes, sorry. Forgot you’re a complete snob who needs an overpriced wine list to feel at ease 🤪
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlust View Post
    The LC is probably one of the highest quality and longest lasting bikes currently on sale today.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    You are determined not to tell us the hotel’s name.
    Absolutely determined, yes.

Bloody hell, I don't want to actually meet you guys. :-)

Hotel Breitmattstub, Jahnstr., Bühlertal

I should have followed up on this.

I would definitely recommend this. Quiet little place. Covered parking for the bikes. Which was handy as there was a biblical downpour soon after I arrived.

They've obviously decided to utilise the upstairs of the building for accommodation, and there's a little spiral staircase to reach the rooms (there is also a lift iirc). But the rooms are beautifully done, first class bathroom. Weissbier served downstairs in their restaurant. The steak is very good. I had a single room, so can't vouch for the doubles.

Location is 15min from the B500. It's not buried in the woods like some places around there. So if there's a sunset, you'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Ah yes, sorry. Forgot you’re a complete snob who needs an overpriced wine list to feel at ease ��
    For once, I agree with Arsey. Two of us stopped there a couple of years ago when touring round the Vosges. Mark and his wife Ida (I think) were great hosts and the price per night included breakfast and three course evening meal.

Their hotel has a great "feel" about it and even though it was our first visit, we felt more like friends than guests.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12