Thread: Ciao

Ciao

Hi guys, I've found a sticker of this forum on the 1150GS I just bought. I thought why not to check in. Maybe I bought an old friend of one of you

I landed in the UK a couple of years ago from Italy, where I left my Moto Guzzi. I thought I needed a more solid, reliable and resistant bike to tour this country, on a budget, hence an extensively used but much loved 1150. I love the handling and the loading capacity.

Hope to meet some of you soon, maybe for a ride one of the next weekends, or for any of the event you may organize. And for few pints, of course.

Ciao
    Marco

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Ciao Marco.....welcome to the forum....
    Bounce

Ciao Marco, welcome to the crazy side of GS ownership. As I’m sat in Tuscany I’m wondering if I could live here instead, probably not, but it’s beautiful.

Enjoy the UK.
    Edited because I cannot type

Hi Marco

If you are still in Tuscany and you are heading north, may I suggest to have a tour on 'Passo della Raticosa' (google it). It's nothing like 'Passo dello Stelvio', still it's worth your time. It sits among the hills between Tuscany and Emilia and it's a meeting point for hundreds of bikers every weekend.

If you are not in hurry I do really recommend it.

Ciao

North?
    Head west and go to the bloody seaside beyond the Maremma
    R1150R '03 [on hiatus]
    R1200GS Adv '07
    HP2 Sport '11
    [I'm the biggest limit on my bike] [flickr]

Welcome Marco, pour a glass of wine and enjoy the site. The good, the bad and the ugly. May be I will see you around.
    What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco1150 View Post
    If you are still in Tuscany and you are heading north, may I suggest to have a tour on 'Passo della Raticosa' (google it). It's nothing like 'Passo dello Stelvio', still it's worth your time. It sits among the hills between Tuscany and Emilia and it's a meeting point for hundreds of bikers every weekend.

Ciao
    I'll have to try that one as I also love it in Tuscany. I have gone here (Museo Archeologico Alto Mugello, Piazza Ettore Alpi, 3, 50035 Palazzuolo sul Senio FI, Italy) from Mugello and it's a brilliant ride too. Just to the east of your route recommendation.
    "I must be traveling on now 'cause there's too many places I've got to see.

Ciao
    The one I rode was the passo della sambuca which went to a small, but lovely, village Palazzuolo Sul Senio. I found both passes on a list of ten "The magnificent ten climbs of the Apennine". I think they could all be worth a visit. I'll Google them all to check their locations. Thanks for the tip.

Ciao
    Here's the link to a Kurviger page with all the ten passes on it.
    If I could rename the link I would be I'm not getting a rename option.
    I'm sure it's simple I just don't remember how!
    I've ridden at least a couple by just following a road and it's a stunning area; I must go back and ride some of the other ones.

https://kurviger.de/?point=Passo%20d...Esri%20Streets

Ciao
    When I get more time I'll have a go at making a circular route, or a figure of eight, and probably base it at Scarperia near the Mugello circuit.

Here's a quick rough ride for c. 4hours, plus stops.
    It covers 154 miles and does no. 9 pass twice.
    On a lovely Tuscan day what could be better.
    You can a cracking pistacchio ice cream at the pub/cafe in Palazzuolo sul Senio.

https://kurviger.de/?point=43.995531...Esri%20Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Khulu View Post
    Here's a quick rough ride for c. 4hours, plus stops.
    It covers 154 miles and does no. 9 pass twice.
    On a lovely Tuscan day what could be better.
    You can a cracking pistacchio ice cream at the pub/cafe in Palazzuolo sul Senio.

https://kurviger.de/?point=43.995531...Esri%20Streets
    Thank you so much for this map! It brings back good old memories. I've lived in that area for 20 years and your map shows a "typical Sunday ride" .

Thank you so much for this map! It brings back good old memories. I've lived in that area for 20 years and your map shows a "typical Sunday ride" .
    I might try it myself this August or maybe next year if I don't manage it en route to the Austrian MotoGP.