Broke down rider seeks mechanic in Tralee (in Tralee!?!?!??!!!)

Ogmios

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A U.K. rider off the faecbook group is stuck in Tralee with electrical (?) trouble.
Any suggestions for him?

~~~
Ta.

Irish phone joke (in an Irish accent):

Caller: Hello, is that Tralee Treble Tree, Treble Tree ??
Reply: No, this is Tralee Double Tree, Double Tree, Double Tree.
Caller: Okay, sorry to bother you.
Reply: Thats okay, the phone was ringing anyway.

Good luck with the electrical fix.

Sorry folks i should have been clearer.
He needs a good mechanic to diagnose what is seemingly an electrical problem. On a 'Griso'.

... and he's stuck in Tralee, Co. Kerry. :blast
Carole Nashs recovery took his Bike to a Honda dealer that has more mowers than Bikes,
and quel surprise; they cant help. :rolleyes:
He's had to spend another night in a pricey hotel and now missed his ferry (Rosslare / Fishguard)

All i was hoping was that the collective might know of someone that might know someone :blagblah ...
that could get him back on the road. :nenau

It's a long shot, i know - but imagine if YOU were in his position? :(

Well his "recovery cover" eventually got him home.
But not the Bike.
Dunno what's happening there. :nenau

theres a guy in a place called knocknogoshel bout 20 miles from tralee and hes name is john shanahan whos very knowledgeable on guzzis and will fix problem . nice guy , reasonable and honest

I am a wizz at wiring if he can get to south side of Galway I will sort it.
If all else fails i will hop in the van and go get him.

I have a nephew in Tralee, not a mechanic but I am sure he would be able to store the bike if necessary.

John Shanahan - no relation to Shanahan's Honda centre - is a skilled Guzzi fan. He is accurately described above.
If the bike is still in the "Honda shop" my house is a 500 meter downhill trundle.
I can store it gratis if that assists.

Thanks folks for the replies. :thumb2
I've messaged him. Dunno what he has planned yet. I'll let you know.

Oh - Ian,

i am all too familiar with THAT particular link myself! :rolleyes: I've added two pages to it in the last few days. :blast :D

The original filter in the tank failing is another common problem, the dash can also fail, but that’s unusual, it can be quite tricky to diagnose some issues, due to the hybrid canbus electrical system, the switches are normal switches, the starter is a normal starter, but when you press start, the button is connected to the ecu, which then feeds the relay to the starter,

More information of what it’s not doing and is doing and what the dash is displaying in fault codes.

The original filter in the tank failing is another common problem, the dash can also fail, but that’s unusual, it can be quite tricky to diagnose some issues, due to the hybrid canbus electrical system, the switches are normal switches, the starter is a normal starter, but when you press start, the button is connected to the ecu, which then feeds the relay to the starter,

More information of what it’s not doing and is doing and what the dash is displaying in fault codes.

Ian,
the above sounds like the bloke with the Griso's trouble.
My Bike's a much much cruder 1990 Cali 3.*

*so is the rider - crude i mean. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom