Car dashcam - Do I really need one?

Monsieur

Most respected and loved member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Mate has one.
Halfords have a sale on and will fit for little money.

Do I need one or is it only twats who have one?

Mate has one.

You will never need one

Right up to the moment you do !

I have one but have not looked at any of the footage since the first weeks novelty wore off. However its always running and god forbid i am ever involved in some sort of a prang ..........

I am suprised that Insurance companies are not offering some discount for having one ( some may be already but not that i am aware of)

I am going to get one due to the amount of idiots, scammers, cash for crash frauds and generally dangerous twats out there.

Took wifey out for a pub meal on Wednesday and coming back nearly had a head on with a complete prick in a white transit type van who was carrying out an almost suicidal overtake, I had to brake almost to a stop and get the car right over to the left almost up the verge to avoid the wanker. I think a dash cam is the way to go to at least cover myself in the event of an accident.

Just make sure you buy a good one. There are a few cheap ones that the footage is crap.
Theres plenty of reviews about. I have the Nextbase recommened by Which.

Mate has one.

I have one to protect me against twats. The issue you have after a collision is proving you were not at fault and Insurance companies don’t fight your corner unless you have evidence.

I don’t really like having one stuck to my windscreen but on balance thought it was a good idea.

I have a Blackvue 720S, and it's a great bit of kit. I also have the battery pack, so it'll record while the car is parked, which is great if someone hits you and drives off, but more importantly it'll record the totty going in and out of my gym, so there's some material for the evenings festivities as well. :beerjug::D

My car was delivered a few weeks back but I'm not home to pick it up yet. I'm getting the manufacturer's own brand unit installed before collection, assuming it's available (MK I recently discontinued and MK II is due out any minute now). It's bloody expensive at £400 but there's no dangling wires and no chance of it flying across the dashboard. It's secured to the windscreen just under the rear view mirror and the cabling is all run through the roof lining. Also has a rear facing camera so it can record the twats behind that do something stupid because they're too busy effing around with their phones.

I resent the fact that a dash cam is now pretty much a necessity but they're good for peace of mind.

You can get a good one on Amazon for change out of £100. In fact, my wife paid about £40 for hers and is over the moon with it.

Better to have one and not need it than need it and not have one!

Back
Top Bottom