Foot brake pedal extender

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys (gals), I`ve got an F800 Adv so I`ve never had this problem but I`ve been told that the height of the rear brake pedal is quite low in relation to the footpeg. This makes operating the rear brake not as easy as it should be - seemingly this issue is quite well known :confused:

At the beginning of the year I fitted a prototype to a customers bike and after a number of months testing its had the thumbs up :thumb2.

Her bike is a 2017 F700GS - I`ve no idea if it fits other years or models but the part is now available if anyone has the same problem :confused:

Ride safe guys (and gals),

Mark
Cymarcbikeparts

42517184324_bbc1a87a5b.jpg
[/url]F700 foot brake height extender by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mark, - if I am understanding this correctly, - the height of the brake pedal can be adjusted by the number of plates you use/put in ?

I don't have a 700, but would be interested if it fits a GS LC

Yes you can adjust it by removing a Packer (of course the fasteners would stick out the bottom plate further). Tbh I have no idea if it fits a GSLC - I’ve only got the GSA so I can’t say. I’m sure someone on the forum might know - other than that if you want to chance it and buy one then be assured if it doesn’t fit I’ll fully refund you. Let’s see if anyone is kind enough to offer some advice about it fitting a GSLC..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark if it helps I have just transferred a Touratech brake pedal extender off a 08 F650gs twin to a 16 plate F700GS perfect fit brake pedal looked very similar. The extender was at least 8 yrs old.

Steve

Have to say that I never really noticed an issue with the pedal feeling low on mine - maybe cos I've got size 12 feet!

That's a neat little gizzit tho for those that do find it a bit of a reach!

Back
Top Bottom