Uh Oh!

Apex

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Out with pillion on Tuesday, was a little slow logging in to rider+pillion.

Today rider graphic just flashing. Selected rider only from menu, all ok but this error shows now.
98419bc3a77a948ac39950d42be0ef45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the 'rider preload adjuster' is broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it do it every time you switch off and on again?
I had trouble putting my 1190 into 2 plus luggage once as it stayed on solo rider only. Switched off and on again and all was fine. Hasn't happened again in 12k miles

Does it do it every time you switch off and on again?
I had trouble putting my 1190 into 2 plus luggage once as it stayed on solo rider only. Switched off and on again and all was fine. Hasn't happened again in 12k miles

Yes, sadly. probably rebooted a dozen times before and during ride out today.

What's with the duckling :nenau

Andres

:D Stop looking around my garage! There's nothing there for you....only a couple of man bikes you wouldn't know how to handle :green gri

That duckling is very clever. He sucks in the air from the garage and breathes out desert quality dryness. You'd think he would quack to get out but he seems quite content so long as i treat him to a few volts now and then ;)

I think you need to visit the dealer and plug his mega money computer into your internals........whilst you drink his free coffee or take one of his demo bikes out for a blast.

Well, that's what I'd do......

Had a good look today. There's a wire going to a red plug at the bottom of the rear shock, no idea what that's for. When you unplug that a warning comes up "Suspension" - what a surprise.

Then there's a wire going to the 'box' at the top of the shock that looks just like a GS one for ESA. Wire still connected, so off to AMS tomorrow hopefully. Annoying.

Suspect it's this that's faulty. We'll see I guess.

Attachments

• KTMSHOCK.JPG
    KTMSHOCK.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 326
It's broken. If you are lucky reflashing the software will fix it like it did mine if not its a new shock. Nothing you can do is going to fix it, dealer only from here on.

Yes, agreed. Booked in for Thursday afternoon. I'd be worried if it's software related as I imagine you're left with not knowing when the same issue will re-surface.

I have a starting issue too. the starter seems to strain sometimes, almost like the battery is half flat. then it pops up a warning "cornering abs failure". Easily fixed by turning off bike and restarting but the GSA never struggles with this stuff.

Yes, agreed. Booked in for Thursday afternoon. I'd be worried if it's software related as I imagine you're left with not knowing when the same issue will re-surface.

I have a starting issue too. the starter seems to strain sometimes, almost like the battery is half flat. then it pops up a warning "cornering abs failure". Easily fixed by turning off bike and restarting but the GSA never struggles with this stuff.
OK the hard to start is a clue as it's what happened to mine. It seems to corrupt the software so it needs reloaded a bit like pulling the plug on a windows pc when it's saving data.

GSA not having software problems 🤣 your having a laugh unless it isn't an LC.

Good service from AMS. Tech took a look. Re-programmed the bike and the above part is on order. The gearbox feels different now too, some quickshifter adjustments possibly. It's now more clunky using clutch lever but the QS seems smoother (20 minute ride home only though).

Back
Top Bottom