whats done at 6k service

Bloody rip off in my opinion. What’s going to happen to oil in 100miles and three months. What a complete waste of time and money

Absolutely nothing is going to happen to the oil in 3 months. That’s why in my view it’s a rip off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claiming that the factory specify a certain interval of changing anything merely to rip us off is to me an silly argument, as is name calling and personal attacks.

No one is suggesting they do it to rip us off, however doing it low mileage etc. when it’s not needed is, in my opinion is a rip off.

The focus has been on 6K miles. There is no mentioning of time since the last time the brake fluid was changed. BMW says 2 years or 20K km, whatever comes first.

I have no detailed knowledge about brake-fluids beyond what I can read. But in my mind I find it senseless to risk corrosion in the ABS merely to save a few quid on maintenance.

There is an old saying that says it expensive to live cheap.

Claiming that the factory specify a certain interval of changing anything merely to rip us off is to me an silly argument, as is name calling and personal attacks.

Any one is free to do (or not do) whatever they like to their bike. Just don't sell the bike to me afterwards.

Actually I mentioned it but Lord Brake Fluid could only focus on one thing, I also showed other manufacturers list the same 2 year interval. Clearly brake fluid lasts forever in his magical kingdom of Peterborough, the brake fluid knowledge capital of the world hahahahaha

Actually I mentioned it but Lord Brake Fluid could only focus on one thing, I also showed other manufacturers list the same 2 year interval. Clearly brake fluid lasts forever in his magical kingdom

Ha ha ha. It certainly is like a magical kingdom, and you are the court jester, a fool who keeps me entertained.

Don’t worry, we know you were bullied at school and you have ego issues, but you are still mummy’s special soldier.

Ha ha ha. It certainly is like a magical kingdom, and you are the court jester, a fool who keeps me entertained.

Don’t worry, we know you were bullied at school and you have ego issues, but you are still mummies special soldier.

haha you fall for it every single time. We all know you are seething :)

I know it’s great. Beats watching the crap on tv, and for the bonus I get to play with an idiot

Even though you seem to have lots og experience in the matter, name-calling is a sure way to torpedo your credibility.

So far we have been informed about Your extensive experience. But when asked for fullfilling details, instead of informing us about what type of fluids and under which circumstances the fluids have been tested you offer namecalling and other silly expressions.

If trolling is the main intention, you certainly have achieved Your goal. But if you meant to inform and share your experience of the matter, I am afraid that the way this string has been handled, noone takes your information serious.

As you seem to know a lot about it, I find it sad to see your knowledge smeared by silly behaveiour.

Thanks

All done and cheaper than quoted.

My view is can the brake fluid go off in a sealed system in one year? and what if every vehicle get new brake oil once a year!!

Thanks for some of the replies, its always been a site for a bit of ribbing but its got a bit OTT at times

All done and cheaper than quoted.

My view is can the brake fluid go off in a sealed system in one year? and what if every vehicle get new brake oil once a year!!

I have no sientific background to lean on, but my thinking goes like this:

My cars specify change every two years.

Compared to my cars, my bikess reservoir is far more exposed to weather. All components are smaller, thus even a tiny amount of contamination will have a larger effect than in my car.
In addition to the boiling point of the fluids, there is also the corrosion inhibiter that deteriorates.

May be the specified interval from the factory is overkill, may be not.
To me, the mere uncertainty is enough to be on the safe safe and change the fluid latest when specified. Compared the cost of a new ABS unit, the cost of changing brakefluid is tiny.

I'm not saying that my recepy is the correct one, but it works for me. Besides, i DIY the labour, so it is replaced once a year along with the oil in the final drive.

Yes, I know…. But I only pay for the fluids, so that makes the cost negligible and the good feeling priceless.

Back
Top Bottom