Akro Titanium Headers

Didn't spot you at Garmisch Shaun, did you go ? I am still down in Pfunds, Austria having a great time

Had to change plans as SWMBO wanted to go to Thailand so to keep the piece and not enough AL for both:rolleyes: Next year mate

Didn't spot you at Garmisch Shaun, did you go ? I am still down in Pfunds, Austria having a great time

Nah gave it a miss other half did not fancy camping in the mud, getting geared up for Switzerland on Friday, in hotels as the others like more..............coming home Sunday if you are around Flumserberg catch us up.

Yes you are! It’s easy enough and there’s enough superb support on this forum. The XiED unit (not that I’ve ever had one) will be superb I’m sure or the RapidBike Easy unit (which I do and use myself) is good - either will change your AFR and should get it running less lean. If I can ever help with (just) advice feel free otherwise and as I said - there’s masses of great support available on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Mark I appreciate that. Watch this space. Nin don't be so hard on yourself. Thats our job :green gri and Smog Bob. It's only the people that come here to enjoy our 'tax-light' regime that have money. Jersey Beans (those of us born and bred here) are not always so well off. I'm not complaining it is a lovely place to live. Oh and don't get me started on our local dealer service rates :blast

Thanks Mark I appreciate that. Watch this space. Nin don't be so hard on yourself. Thats our job :green gri and Smog Bob. It's only the people that come here to enjoy our 'tax-light' regime that have money. Jersey Beans (those of us born and bred here) are not always so well off. I'm not complaining it is a lovely place to live. Oh and don't get me started on our local dealer service rates :blast

Just pulling your leg Neil, spent a year in Jersey when I was 16 and had a lovely summer job at Havre des pas swimming pool.

I don't want to be a party pooper but:

THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT MEET EMISSION COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR STREET OR HIGHWAY USE.

Is what it says on the website.

As expressed on other threads, I'm all for rebelling against the establishment on things like this. However, I'd be interested to know how you get past an MOT or a routine (or otherwise) stop from the local constabulary?

Sadly, in Spain, they are unusually shit hot on homologation issues. They are, for instance, one of the few countries that will not allow you to have any other tyre on your bike (or, indeed, car) than those stipulated on the technical sheet - not make of tyre, but width and depth and diameter. So, for instance, my car can have a 17" or 19" tyre fitted, but no other size. I can't even change the profile of it outside of 10% of what is stipulated. You can have tyres added but it requires an inspection. Similarly for exhausts; you can only have the ones fited to the bike or homologated optional ones that you can buy from the dealer.

Eliminating the CAT and anything else fitted at homologation is a big no-no here in Spain and will earn you a fine if stopped by the police and they spot it, and fail the MOT. The MOT requirements in Spain (only available, by the way, at official test centres and they can be lengthy and detailed) have recently changed now as well and they have seriously targetted emissions in particular. They also plug their machines into the brain of vehicles to see if anything has been altered, thus ruling out many of the "hilltop" type mods as well.

Do you guys just place the original back for the MOT and then place the TITs back again afterward?

I don't want to be a party pooper but:

THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT MEET EMISSION COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR STREET OR HIGHWAY USE.

Is what it says on the website.

As expressed on other threads, I'm all for rebelling against the establishment on things like this. However, I'd be interested to know how you get past an MOT or a routine (or otherwise) stop from the local constabulary?

Sadly, in Spain, they are unusually shit hot on homologation issues. They are, for instance, one of the few countries that will not allow you to have any other tyre on your bike (or, indeed, car) than those stipulated on the technical sheet - not make of tyre, but width and depth and diameter. So, for instance, my car can have a 17" or 19" tyre fitted, but no other size. I can't even change the profile of it outside of 10% of what is stipulated. You can have tyres added but it requires an inspection. Similarly for exhausts; you can only have the ones fited to the bike or homologated optional ones that you can buy from the dealer.

Eliminating the CAT and anything else fitted at homologation is a big no-no here in Spain and will earn you a fine if stopped by the police and they spot it, and fail the MOT. The MOT requirements in Spain (only available, by the way, at official test centres and they can be lengthy and detailed) have recently changed now as well and they have seriously targetted emissions in particular. They also plug their machines into the brain of vehicles to see if anything has been altered, thus ruling out many of the "hilltop" type mods as well.

Do you guys just place the original back for the MOT and then place the TITs back again afterward?

Things must have changed dramatically in the last 4 years in Spain then, before had been riding with the noisiest Harley and stopped many times, odd blow in the bag, check documents and away you go...........was living in Portugal no MOT on bikes then.

We don’t have MOT’s in Jersey. Never have (the assumption being that our Bentley’s, Aston’s and Ferrari’s are road worthy :augie). Our coppers do take notice of a pimped end can and will report you of it is not stamped correctly however I would not think that they would think to look at the headers if the bike had a standard BMW end can on. That said the point of the mod is to make the bike even better when away on it. Sometimes in Spain.............

We don’t have MOT’s in Jersey. Never have (the assumption being that our Bentley’s, Aston’s and Ferrari’s are road worthy :augie). Our coppers do take notice of a pimped end can and will report you of it is not stamped correctly however I would not think that they would think to look at the headers if the bike had a standard BMW end can on. That said the point of the mod is to make the bike even better when away on it. Sometimes in Spain.............

I doubt even the loudest GS out there would even raise an ear on the Guarda Civil lads.

This Guardia Civil wasn't to bothered about the 4 non standard exhausts on our GS's , even my full system.

When he seen the Irish plates on our bikes his eyes lit up............he was booked on the Santander to Cork ferry for his own trip in a couple of weeks time (with his mate, on their GS's)
d576f82535fc65a649b063702bcfc4a7.jpg

Sent from a U11

No, I wasn't really suggesting that the GC or Spanish police are too concerned about bikers from other nations. Most don't even have the technical document that we have where it stipultaes tyre sizes allowe etc. I was wondering how you got around the Uk rules. Or aren't there any?

Harleys here cannot, for example, have the screaming eagle exhausts. You can fit them, but they aren't legal for road use....technically.

They (GC) would have a tough time fining you for something technically legal in the country of registration. They aren't expected to know the rules of every country in the world (sometimes they are unfamiliar with their own rules, or place a personal slant on them) and they have to allow for this.

Turned up at Hilltop today for my re-map. What a great place, Geoff knows his stuff and soon got to work on my bike.

The journey home was great - smoother, more power and more tractability in mid range. Very pleased. Off to North Yorkshire on it tomorrow without valve anxiety!

Looking good!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Don't think this has been answered, but do you need to put the standard headers with Cat back on for every MOT in the UK?

Back
Top Bottom