We are based just 30 minutes from Malaga airport in the heart of one of the best adventure riding areas in the world. With Morocco and Portugal on our doorstep many forms of riding holiday can be arranged

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RiDE guide to Spain and Portugal

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Three of us are heading that way in early Sept - did you find anywhere else to recommend other than the Cangas Paradores and Hotel del Oso? I think we're currently there and in a place in Cudillero, probably ending up in Bilbao for a last night out in the Pinxos bars. I'll post up our experiences on this sub-forum for others to see.

One of the party has chosen to bring his MV Brutale, so gravelly back roads will be entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Ok, let me know if you want any route advice /hotel accommodation recommendations etc.

I’m going again in mid September. Currently on the ferry heading home after this trip.

Empty roads , coffee and beer at €1.20 ish, bottle of wine for €5.

It’s just brilliant. Picos is great but I prefer further west in Asturias as almost no brits and the roads are even better .

Ok, let me know if you want any route advice /hotel accommodation recommendations etc.

I’m going again in mid September. Currently on the ferry heading home after this trip.

Empty roads , coffee and beer at €1.20 ish, bottle of wine for €5.

It’s just brilliant. Picos is great but I prefer further west in Asturias as almost no brits and the roads are even better .
    Arsey, you may be able to help me......

I will be gettting that mag and a Michelin map of northern Portugal. My wife and I will be on the mighty 1190Adventure for our annual Spanish bash, going over to Santander in September. Last year we did the Picos and all the way west to A'Coruna, and as you say, the roads are pretty much empty. This year we'll skirt round the Picos as we've done most of the good roads over the years and planning to head down into northern Portugal. Heat is an issue with me so don't want to venture too far south in case it's too hot to ride. I kow there's a cracking road from Chaves to Braganca but a bit clueless about anywhere else.
    We're happy to do 250km in a day's ride but would like to stop at places for 2 nights and have a day off the bike every other day. Will be looking for hotels and guest houses (no camping) and not keen on gnarly goat tracks especially with Mrs Ming on the back. The twistier the tarmac, the better really. I think the Duoro Valley is a possibility but just not sure of where to stay and what roads in particular that you would recommend.

We get to Santander on Monday 10th and leave on Wednesday 19th, so we've got 9 nights to plan.

Any help would be wlecome.

But what does this have to do with the ATAS ?
    The ATAS with DCT would be better on such trails than the 1290R but the 790 should be better still.
    No plan to sell ATAS if that's what you're on about in your usual convoluted way.....
    I'm saying that in a years time, the ATAS will be history, numbnuts

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    I'm saying that in a years time, the ATAS will be history, numbnuts
    Fifty quid to any charity that it won’t !

Fifty quid to any charity that it won’t !

RiDE guide to Spain and Portugal

It looks pretty good.

Screen shot of the opening page, along with the areas covered.

Along with just a sample from the section on the ever popular Pyrenees:

Are all the routes perfect? No, of course not. Not least as the magazine is limited for space and has to cater for all sorts of skill levels, confidences, time available, riding preferences and machines ridden. Are they good enough for a holiday, requiring nothing more than a download to a gps device and (hopefully) a bit of imagination? Most definitely, yes.

For a couple of quid spent in WHSmith, is it worth it? Again, definitely yes.

Maximum Mayhem Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The miserable buggers haven't included it with Readly this time around

2k R1150GS '05 MX-5 1.8
    Ok, so I could only be young once; but I can be immature forever!

Quote Originally Posted by buellzebub View Post
    The miserable buggers haven't included it with Readly this time around
    Yes they have. It’s where I took the screen prints from, via my iPad. So you ain’t been ripped-off (again).

My mistake, I'll look again.

2k R1150GS '05 MX-5 1.8

Quote Originally Posted by buellzebub View Post
    My mistake, I'll look again.
    Pages 125 thro’ 184 so it comes right at the back of the Readly edition. You maybe got bored before you got there, perhaps?

Thanks. No, to be honest I just briefly looked for a separate issue like the 'Spain' & 'Great Ride' ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Pages 125 thro’ 184 so it comes right at the back of the Readly edition. You maybe got bored before you got there, perhaps?

2k R1150GS '05 MX-5 1.8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12